“Great food for sharing”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Loved this noisy and crowded restaurant. We started with the mixed platter for two as an entree - soft shell crab, gyoza, sashimi, aga dashi and much more - all fresh and well presented and a meal in itself. We followed with a caparccio of sashimi with truffle oil which was fabulous. Service was friendly and fast and food was great! Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Great Japanese food. The restaurant was quite crowded and the service a little slow the evening we dined there but the food was excellent. Can get a little noisy on busy nights but overall well worth visiting.

1  Thank traveller59
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Thank you to the staff for squeezing us in on a busy Thursday night. Thank you for the complimentary dish because our meals took a little while.
I'm new to the area and this is my new absolute favourite restaurant. I'll be back!

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Good and convenient Japanese food, but be careful if you want to sit outside, as the staff can forget about you, and your drinks, and your food.
Sashimi Tacos are really good !

Reviewed 25 April 2016

My family and I visit Toshiya Restaurant in the heart of Cremorne at least once a week. We love the affordable and innovative Japanese food; the friendly staff; and the pleasant and relaxed environment. I highly recommend the renkon chips, the sashimi tacos (the best I've ever had), the tempura and the sushi and sashimi. All are incredibly fresh and delicious!