“Super fancy, excellent food”

Gourmetrestaurant Vendome
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: "German gastronauts are well aquainted with the interior of Vendôme, the famously 3-Michelin-starred restaurant located inside the Grand Hotel Schloss Bensberg in Cologne. The restaurant itself look like a rather well kept Prada store, understated and chic with splashings of sage green and discreet ruby red, and the glossy gourmet crowd are enamoured with the acclaimed menu created by super-chef Joachim Wissler. Star dishes include the calf's head in a parsley-horseradish vinaigrette wild celery and aioli of capers; the grilled saddle of lamb from Müritz with green olives in lamb tea and ricotta gnocchi; and the Manjari chocolate fondant with frozen blackberry foam. Vendôme boasts a 900+ wine list. "
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I was worried I might leave hungry and ordered the 8-course meal. I wish I did the 5-course, there was plenty of food. You will not leave hungry. I recommend getting the earliest reservation, 7pm. Joachim Wissler greeted us upon entering the restaurant which was a real honor. Our meal took 3,5 hours as well. Definitely order the wine course.. amazing. The wine pairing was very well done, highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Extremely good experience, very friendly waiters/waitress)
superb food.
a completely satisfying experience at an extremely high level in a very relax atmosphere

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We were here for our wedding anniversary dinner. We ordered 10 courses dinner with wine paring. We were speechless... not only tasty...just beautiful... we have been to many Michelin restaurant but this is the best place.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We went to Vendome to celebrate my birthday and I can honestly say that it was the best meal and dining experience that I have ever had. The food was so creative and delicious and the wine pairings were unusual and also fantastic. We had the 10 course tasting menu and I can absolutely recommend it. It is also worth saying that the staff were great - friendly and warm but discreet. Overall, I can say that this is absolutely worth it for a special occasion!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

It was absolutely delicious and staff were extremely attentive and very good at what they did. Would book a table there again for sure!