“Best...natural.....food.....EVER”

Price range: US$18 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open from noon to sunset, closed when I go shopping Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to my home. Every morning I wake up happy to build a space of peace, balance and harmony to offer people who like to come to my Taverna. I appreciate people for what they are willing to share of their minds and hearts. The visible sign of money makes very little impression on me. Good manners are a key contributor to enjoy my daily life. I hold myself to a high standard and I do whatever I can to protect this space from negativity of bad manners. I'm a countryside cuciniere (cook), whose only claim is to feed myself honestly. Home cooking is prepared and shared with those who like to sit at my table. If you like what I do, tell the people you care about. And if you do not, please tell me. I'm ready to hear your constructive feedback when expressed in-person. It helps me recognize my mistakes and work to reduce their number. I consider criticism expressed at later dates, and worse if protected by the anonymity of a pseudonym, a destructive attitude, and I will not give the deriving negativity any chance to affect me. I always offer people seated in my house my service and my smile. To people content to savor authentic dishes, to sip sincere drinks and to gladly recognize the price of my loyalty to them, I also give my heart. I appreciate your courtesy. Roberto Crocenzi
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Roberto is an amazing man that has the gift of knowing "less is more" when cooking food. He shops each morning to find the right vegetables, pastas and meats for that day's meals. Extremely intelligent, funny, and visits with his customers to ensure they are happy. Any time we head back to Tuscany, his place will always be the first on the list to visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Our group of 12 went to Roberto's for lunch. Pardon me, Roberto's home, as he and his wife are so welcoming and lovely. Some other reviews dislike Roberto because they find him demanding, but what he demands are respect and kindness, and does not have time or the need to deal with negativity. This is literally and figuratively Roberto's home, so if you act like a good guest, then he will treat you like one. If you are respectful and kind, then Roberto will share with you his wonderful philosophy about food, and his amazingly delicious food. We spent 4 hours over a 4 course lunch learning about and eating Roberto's food. It was one of the best meals of my life! It was made more memorable by all the time Roberto spent telling us about the food, where it came from, and how he cooked it. We cannot wait to come back to Roberto's!

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We have dined at Roberto's many times over the years, and it is always a delight to return. Roberto is passionate about his cooking, and employs no staff in his restaurant to assist in the cooking and serving other than his companion Gail. His cooking is simple, allowing the the natural favors of his hand picked ingredients to shine through (and they do). This is not a restaurant for everyone - reservations are essential, it is not really kid-friendly and Roberto eschews customers who do not bring a positive energy. But if this is all okay with you, you will have a memorable dining experience.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

If you're sick of the typical over-priced tourist traps, get to this place as quickly as possible. The tastiest food we've had in a fortnight in Europe. All ethically sourced and incredibly healthy. Phone ahead to book and you'll be treated with the kindest hospitality imaginable. The chef waits on you and talks to you as if you're over at his house for dinner. Loved the experience and will be back, for sure.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

Everything will be great if you are respectful to the owner. He cooks everything himself and doesn't serve those he finds pretentious.

Delicious food--whatever is cooked that day.