“Excellent”

Ranked #19 of 156 Restaurants in Almancil
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Fantastic meal which the four of us all enjoyed. The service was impeccable to the point where upon receiving our main courses I managed to launch a glass of red wine over my friends meal and clothes. Within seconds staff had arrived helped clear up took the steak away replaced on a clean plate after ensuring steak was ok and vegetables now swimming in red wine replaced. They even brought out stain remover for his clothes.

1  Thank Colin H

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Casa do Campo on a recommendation and we were certainly not disappointed.
Everything about this restaurants is first class from the greeting you receive by front of house to it's simply exquisite setting on the outskirts of Almancil.
The food is top notch, pricier than the average meal in Portugal, but nothing is average about this place, so it's well justified!!
The tables on the terrace are arranged around an established Fig Tree, which lends an almost fairytale charm to the setting.
How we have never visited Casa do Campo before is a mystery, but I can honestly say we will be visiting many more times in the future, that's for sure.
The food was simply amazing, we selected a variety of meals and each one was excellent to the point that we spent the evening sampling each-others meals!
It's a shame the restaurant isn't open for lunch or on Sundays, but you won't be disappointed for trying a meal at Casa do Campo!! I'm looking forward to another visit soon!!

1  Thank Simon J
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Have just spent a truly fabulous evening at this outstanding restaurant..
The food and service was excellent in every way. Brillent starters the combination of hot pear and Brie was amazing. The lamb cutlets to die for. Long time since l have raved about a restaurant but this was definitely a memorable meal.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We came here for one of my best friends 21st birthday will her family and 11 of us attending in total. We all had covers and starters, mains and a cake and it was the most perfect setting for her birthday I could think of. We sat at a large rectangular table underneath the fig tree and the mood and mobile phone suggestions set the perfect atmosphere. I had the scallop and spider crab to start which was impeccable, others had the ravioli, the ceaser salad, And some the goats cheese and all were enviable. Then for mains I had the sole which is hands down the best meal i have had this holiday, It was divine. Others meals consisted of; the steak, the seabass, ravioli as a main and the tagliatelle (And others I can't remember) And all came out in perfect timing and there was only praise heard at the table for each dish. We were drinking mainly gin and tonics and the staff were brilliant and timely asking if we needed a replacement.

As it was a 21st birthday the restaurant brought out a cake for her and we all sang which she hated but was a fabulous way to embarrass her and we subsequently had that cake for dessert. But not only that the restaurant also gave us champagne each to say congratulations which was amazing. The only complaint at the end of the night was that the birthday girl got cake instead of her profiteroles which are her ultimate fave but just means we will have to return so she can eat her weight in them! (Not a real complaint fyi)

This restaurant is a favourite for her family and I can completely see why, It is all over stunning from food to service to atmosphere. The only thing is it is a tiny bit pricey so be prepared to spend if you do visit this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

When we pulled up from the outside it didn't look like much, but once inside the setting was wonderful and the staff friendly and the food absolutely delicious.
It's a bit pricey but well worth it in my opinion. Would recommend to anyone.