“A birthday to remember.”
Review of Casa do Campo

Casa do Campo
Ranked #17 of 156 Restaurants in Almancil
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Taken for a birthday celebration, what a treat!
Lovely outside ambiance, highly attentive staff, and a menu to die for. The food was of the highest standard also!
I agree that the spider crab mix was brilliant, the veal chop was especially memorable, pity it was the only one available that evening, I was lucky to get it!
However the various fish the others chose were fresh and plentiful and much enjoyed.
The men just left enough room for 2 apple and plum crumbles, but with 4 spoons!
A must for a return very soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

This was our second visit having been impressed during our first visit last year (our best meal that week) and again, the food and service did not disappoint. All courses were excellent with all four of us clearing every plate. I would definitely recommend the steaks which were flambéed by our table (we chose to eat inside as it was quite cool the evening we visited). Keeping on theme, all four of us then had the flambéed peaches which were divine and really the reason we returned this year. Already looking forward to next year.
Special mention is how the staff contained a mini disaster with the absolute minimum of fuss. My glass of red wine was knocked over (by one of us) and ended up in my dinner plate so my steak in pepper sauce resembled red wine soup. Quick as a flash the plate was taken away, the steak recooked in new sauce and all the sides replaced (the wine too!!). It still tasted great, was still cooked perfectly and all with absolutely no fuss. I was even given some cleaning solution which saved my beige trousers. Very impressed and a big thank you to everyone for a great evening.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Everything about this restaurant is spot on. The menu is superb and the flavours within all of our choices were delicious. The wine list is extensive and fairly priced for an establishment of this quality. We sat under the fig tree, which is very pretty. The inside of the 'Casa' is lovely, very welcoming for the cooler evenings. Service is friendly, attentive but not obtrusive. Casa do Campo is at the top end cost wise, but worth it in our opinion.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Fantastic meal which the four of us all enjoyed. The service was impeccable to the point where upon receiving our main courses I managed to launch a glass of red wine over my friends meal and clothes. Within seconds staff had arrived helped clear up took the steak away replaced on a clean plate after ensuring steak was ok and vegetables now swimming in red wine replaced. They even brought out stain remover for his clothes.

1  Thank Colin H
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Casa do Campo on a recommendation and we were certainly not disappointed.
Everything about this restaurants is first class from the greeting you receive by front of house to it's simply exquisite setting on the outskirts of Almancil.
The food is top notch, pricier than the average meal in Portugal, but nothing is average about this place, so it's well justified!!
The tables on the terrace are arranged around an established Fig Tree, which lends an almost fairytale charm to the setting.
How we have never visited Casa do Campo before is a mystery, but I can honestly say we will be visiting many more times in the future, that's for sure.
The food was simply amazing, we selected a variety of meals and each one was excellent to the point that we spent the evening sampling each-others meals!
It's a shame the restaurant isn't open for lunch or on Sundays, but you won't be disappointed for trying a meal at Casa do Campo!! I'm looking forward to another visit soon!!

1  Thank Simon J