“Been to Cyprus 10 times, every time I go here, usually twice”
Review of Stamna

Stamna
Ranked #73 of 219 Restaurants in Ayia Napa
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017

This restaurant is not about neon lights and party. It is about a Greek experience, served by professional and friendly owners, in a restaurant built in what is claimed to be the oldest house in Ayia Napa.

I have been to Cyprus maybe 10 times, and the first time I was brought to Stamna by someone who had worked as a travel guide, because "you can't go to Napa and miss it". Every time since then I have been to Stamna once or twice every visit, usually one of those times I go for Meze and the other I pick lots of starters and then something traditional like Mousaka or Stifado...

I can't remember a single time when I was disappointed here, but keep in mind you go here for Greek stuff, I can't even remember if I tried anything more international here. =)

The bane of this restaurant, like for so many others in Ayia Napa, is the traffic outside, so if you are easily bothered by that, keep that in mind, as the place is fairly small and close to the road, but it has always worked fine for us.

Seating is usually outside, with fans to help keep visitors cool.

Andreas K, Owner at Stamna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you for you amazing review! It was lovely to see you again and we are glad that we meet your expectations every time! See you again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We walked by on our way to our "target" restaurant and looked at Stamna thinking- "Looks great", shame it is not on TripAdvisor as we could not find it there for some reason! Long and short - we didn't like the other place "feel" and came back... for our best pleasure! Great place! Great food! Great people! Great prices! The Meze are an overkill and yet a steal... We enjoyed the place- a lot and we'll be back! :)

Andreas K, Owner at Stamna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

We are happy that you decided to visit us! We are sorry you were unable to find us on TripAdvisor at that moment but are grateful for your amazing review! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

very tasty food much more then home the crue are very kindley and the place is nice and tidyz

Andreas K, Owner at Stamna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

We appreciate your lovely review. Thank you for visiting us!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My husband and I have been coming to this restaurant for over 30 years now and always receive the warmest of welcomes from Andreas and Tony and their lovely family. The food is - simply the best. Beautifully cooked with top quality local ingredients with a choice of some international dishes and traditional Cypriot fare. Good choice of wines and spirits too and reasonably priced. My very favourite on the menu is Shashlick pork, absolutely delicious but we have never been disappointed with anything we have ever ordered there. If you are feeling brave and have starved all day I would highly recommend the meze which is amazing and when we have it we lose count of all the dishes that keep coming to our table. We always get a little side 'taster'dish and after our meal a brandy or liqueur "on the house" - wonderful Cyprus hospitality which never fails to impress. My husband is disabled and Andreas helped him over the road to our hire car every night we came - very kind and caring. We also liked the newest addition to the family - Pambos who stands by the entrance looking very smart! Thank you Andreas and Tony for all the great times and delicious meals we have had at the Stamna and we can't wait to return. Absolutely superb!

Andreas K, Owner at Stamna, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you so much for your heartfelt review! As always we appreciate your trust in us and we are grateful that you keep on visiting us. It was great to see you both again! See you soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We had a delicious meal in a relaxed genuine atmosphere. We had the Meze (a selection of 20 local dishes) for two people and it was great. Save some room for last as it is lots of food and the plates kept coming long after we were full. A bottle of Retsina completed the meal. I highly recommend Stamna Tavern.

Andreas K, Owner at Stamna, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad to hear that you liked our Meze and wine.