“Very nice restaurant with excellent food and wine”

Can Cervera by La Croqueta
Ranked #5 of 272 Restaurants in Roses
Price range: US$12 - US$49
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Specialized in the best steaks in the world (Wagyu, Nebraska Black Angus, Danish Crown, Ecological proximity) grilled and stone restaurant.
Reviewed 9 January 2016

We were there for dinner. Warm and friendly welcome and immediately got a table. First thing we discovered was wine is reasonably priced, so we asked for their recommendation and ordered what i'd call the perfect fit for Steak. We had carpaccio (cut a little too think but excellent meat) and aspargus (a Second too long on the grill) as starters. As main we had an entrecote which was served rare with a hot stone, again, excellent meat and sides absolute fit. For dessert we had a cake which tasted perfect to finish the meal. The bill was reasonable for what we had but not as cheap as random tapas around the corner...

Reviewed 15 October 2015

The first thing I need to highlight from this restaurant is the kindness and hospitality of the owners. My wife and I felt really welcomed by these people who love their job and treat their customers as friends and family. My only regret is that I only discovered it our last night in Roses because otherwise we would have gone several times. We ordered a la carte but I regret not ordering the menu because it looked simply amazing. What we had was fantastic but I would have loved to try some of the things that were on the tasting menu. Overall it was our best evening in Roses and we did not only enjoy the food but the conversation with the chef and his wife throughout the entire evening. We felt we were at their home and that friends and family were just coming in to visit them. I would come back to Roses only to eat at that restaurant. Congratulations for being so passionate about what you do.

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

The food here was amazing! The steak we had for lunch was so tender and came with a hot stone so you could further cook the steak if you desired, which added a good bit of fun to the meal as well.

My partner and I both ate off the lunch special menu and couldn't believe the amount of high quality food we had, paying just €15 each for a starter, main and soft drinks.

Would recommend based on the food alone but the value only makes it even better!

Reviewed 20 August 2015

I especially went for this restaurant after reading all the reviews and I was really surprised as it made my day. The entourage inside was very nice (outside it was windy).
We were met by a very nice waiter who immediately put you to easy. He did his utmost to give good advice on what was on the menu. We went for the 25 euro menu; little did we know what was in store for us.
He opened with grilled green asparagus in an olive oil dressing, next came a variety of their renowned croquettes.

But the next dish brought tears to my eyes, rolling down like I never had done before. Never had I had such a dish with these combinations of herbs and spices that exactly matched the recipe of my late father in law’s rice rolls (Lemper). I couldn’t believe my taste buds, thought they were playing a trick on me. I had to complement the chef on this achievement and I did.

The main course was as staggering as can be. The cow that was use to give us the meat was from the local hills. A hot stone was brought to the table to grill this meat on but the meat itself could compete with the famous Wagyu meat. The tenderness it had I never tasted before. Our evening was complete.

I thank the waiter and the Chef for making our diner a MEMORY.

Gracias por una cena memorable

BTW: I am Dutch but had to write this down in English for all to read.

1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

This was the perfect restaurant for our anniversary! We had made a reservation, so they knew it was a special evening. A glass of champagne was waiting for us.
I ordered home made gazpacho which was delicious. My wife had the roast chicken and foie ravioli with parmesan sauce tapas. It was to die for!!! I'm coming back just for that tapas. For our main course we both ordered the 300 gram Nebraska Black Angus Entrecôte with hot stone for personal cooking. What a wonderful evening. Can't wait to return.