Hotel Monterrey Roses by Pierre & Vacances
US$148
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$139
US$124
Savings alert! 53% below average rates

The price you found is 53% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$264/night.

US$158
US$164
Carmen Hotel(Roses)(Great Value!)
US$97
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$160
Vistabella(Roses)
US$358
US$347
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$393/night.

All reviewsworking fineswimming poolreceptionseabalconyfrenchspain
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I know this hotel since 1989. Was a family owned business centered on easy things (the hotel has a great location and this is what their customers were looking for) with a reasonable price. I went there for 12 consecutive years.
This year I wanted to recover some memories and I booked a room at this hotel, now managed by Pierre & Vacances. Because I know perfectly the building (one face is at the sea front and 2 at the side sea where the sea can be seen if your heat is out of the balcony). I understood clearly when I saw the room’s prices where they make a clear difference within “room with sea view” and “room with a balcony with sea view”. And I knew that I wanted a room with sea view. Then I paid the over-price for a “room with sea view”.
When I arrived at the hotel I got a “room with a balcony with sea view” and I claim at the front desk getting as answer “the web is wrong, we asked for they to change but we cannot do anything”.
I was astonished.
I stayed at the room (already paid!) and claimed to the Conflict Sales & Customer Service. After one month I had the reply informing me that “sea view doesn't correspond to an apartment located in front of the sea; this significate that you can see the sea on the balcony or you can get an apartment in front of the sea”.
So, what’s the difference between “room with sea view” and “room with a balcony with sea view”.
BE AWARE! Pierre & Vacances ARE LIARS AND CHEATERS!
I don’t know at other locations, but in Roses you have more reliable hotels (as Hotel Montecarlo, that is 10 meters away, still family owned and that will not cheat you).

Room Tip: Look for a realiable hotel and keep away from Pierre & Vacances.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Josep_M_Casanovas
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Nice, clean and spacious hotel. Right at the beach boulevard of Roses but still a 20 min walk away from Roses centre.
Rooms are modern and crispy white with wooden floor. Small bathroom with bath/shower. We had a balcony overlooking the pool and with beach view as well.
Remarks:
- parking is a nightmare in the peak season. Website says there is parking near the hotel but upon asking reception we were supposed to find something in the streets. Ended up having to park about 10-15 min walk from hotel.
- we could not sleep before midnight because the entertainment at the hotel beachfront was so loud. For the kids this was a bit too late.
- hotel felt impersonal. No attention of anybody from the staff. Nobody really acknowledges your presence or says hello.
- beach is cleaned everyday.
- swimming pool not very big but also not too busy. Cleaned every day in the morning. Too bad they let people reserve their sun bed by means of a hotel towel even if they don't show up for hours and other guests therefore do not have a bed to use. This behaviour of guests should not be accepted by any hotel. Pool opens only at 10am which is really too late.
- good facilities for disabled people, even a chair lift to enter the pool!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AK1970
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Positive: location (20m from beach), renovated rooms, reasonably priced, staff in restaurant, half-board (buffet lunch) pretty decent for €10 p.p.p.d.

Negative: reception staff (hardly a foreign language spoken, utterly slow, incompetent and not polite). Each time the telephone rings it is answered and people in front of the reception desk are left waiting and waiting....., parking is payable and costs €15 per day (!!) and your car is always blocked by other cars parked in front. Elsewhere in Roses parking is free of charge.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the hotel have beautiful sea views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Second time visit to this hotel. It has been renovated this year and looks really modern and clean. The stuff is constantly working for the betterment of the hotel (the latest installment - free towels at the pool area). The refurbished rooms look really nice with all necessary equipment, AC as well as ventilator (that we found most useful as the weather was not that hot to use an AC during our stay). The food was excellent last year - this year is not an exception, it got only better, especially the desserts. Wifi is the room (4th floor) and in the common areas was working fine. Special thanks to our cleaning lady from the 4th floor (Cecilia) for being understanding of our afternoon nap and coming to clean at the time convenient for us.
however, we would suggest the following - we didn't find in the room the common (please put up the room, please do not disturb) sign, that would have been helpful as mentioned above we nap after lunch and wouldn't want to be disturbed, We would also suggest a first aid kit at the reception available when used for the guests, had a little fever at the beginning and wanted to check the temperature, but the reception had none so i had to buy the thermometer in the nearest pharmacy.

Room Tip: You can as for a front sea view when booking, it does not cost extra
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Irina_Sur
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Nicely located on the boulevard with sea view rooms. Outside the City buzz of Roses, but on a 20 minutes walk distance. Restaurants are close in the area available. Nice swimming pool and garden.
Rooms are nice, but a bit small, although everything you need is there, but
I missed the ammenities however to make your own coffee or tea.
Parking your car is a challenge, the hotel has only a few parking spaces, so you have to try your luck in the surroundings of the hotel.

The dining room has very little atmosphere, breakfast is okay; nothing special.
Price/quality ratio is Ok for the high season.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple