I thought I'd leave a review on my last day. Firstly please don't read much into the bad reviews. I am an avid traveler and have been fortunate to stay in many 5* hotels in many beautiful locations (Maldives, Canada etc.). Now as a single parent my priorities are very different.
I went to this hotel hoping for a friendly, professional
All inclusive hotel and that's exactly what we got! I didn't pay silly money to stay here and as such didn't expect it to be all singing, all dancing. It's absolutely spotless and so much food on offer all day!! My children loved the unlimited slush and ice pops!!
It's a great place for children and I found everyone exceptionally friendly and professional - Silvie on reception is a real asset to the hotel as is Maria in the restaurant - she seems to work endlessly. The FRAM animation team were all friendly and encouraged everyone to get involved with activities - they certainly didn't leave out the British as suggested in other reviews - they were friendly and fun. I must say I never saw a Thomas Cook rep though!!
The restaurant is a little chaotic and it's the first hotel I've ever stayed in where there are so few waitresses/waiters! In the past I've been shown to a free table and had drinks brought to my table - as a 4* hotel this would be good. The restaurant is also a bit too busy with the main queue right by the entrance which is not a great lay out. The food overall was fine, not gourmet but good - desserts excellent, children got their own buffet selection.
I think the hotel sells itself short and could up its prices but offer a higher quality of service - particularly in the bar and restaurant - more waiters/waitresses and bar staff are desperately needed. It's got so much potential as lovely location and great facilities, just missing a bit of class!
I recommend leaving the hotel and finding the local rocky cove during your stay! You can swim in the sea here with the locals. It's stunning - it's a step mountain road down and not for the faint hearted walking back but you can call a cab for a few euros. We also went on an all day boat trip where we got to swim in the sea and see a different part of the island.
Thanks Ola Majoris for a lovely week away in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The OLA Hotel Maioris is located in a wooded residential area, on the south-east coast of Majorca, right in the Puig den Ros development and features restaurants, bars, shops, supermarkets, hairdressing salon, etc.The complex is spread over three buildings, each with two lifts and issurrounded by magnificent gardens.There is a little rocky cove 900 m away. El Arenal, with its beache and vibrant night life is only a few kilometres away, and can be reached by using the hotel’s own transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your OLA Hotel Maioris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Maioris Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Hotel Maioris Majorca
- Ola Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Maioris Club
- OLA Hotel Maioris El Arenal, Majorca