Hotel Fenix(El Arenal)
US$146
Hotel Gracia(El Arenal)
US$179
  • Beachfront
Hostal Villa Maruja(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Room Service
whala!beach(El Arenal)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$178
US$144
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

Hostal Atlanta(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Restaurant
The Hostal(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Beachfront
Hotel Xapala(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$173
US$162
HotelsClick
1,634 results
All reviewsfree busanimation teamresidential areasplash poolrocky coveblock bcrispskids clubsnake showchildren and adultsmini discotennis courtsfishbar staffevening entertainmentwater polothomas cook
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I stayed here with my wife and 2 year old daughter. This was the 4th time we have taken our child abroad, but the 1st time we had stayed together in a hotel room (previous 3 times were in apartment or villa with separate bedroom). We were slightly apprehensive at the sleeping arrangements as we like to put our child to bed and unwind a bit ourselves in the lounge area. As it was peak holiday season (start of August) we really struggled to find decent accommodation, especially in apartment format! On the recommendation of a work colleague who stayed here in June (and spoke very highly of it) we booked the OLA Maioris.

We arrived very late, around 1,30am, and were greeted by a very helpful night porter on reception. After check in, he took us up to our room on the 1st floor in block A, just above the reception area. He even gave us some bottles of water to take up with us, very kind!

Our room was spotless, modern and comfortable however even though the air conditioning was on, the room was still very hot. It was at the coldest setting, on the star yet when I tried to turn up to check it was working correctly it didn't adjust or blow warmer air. Led me to believe the hotel control the air conditioning temperature centrally if I'm honest. Ordinarily, this probably wouldn't be a problem, however, as daytime temperatures were in the high 30's on our 1st few days, it was uncomfortable sleeping at times.

As other reviewers have stated, this is a lovely hotel but there are definitely areas for improvement. The staff however, are not one of them. In my opinion, they couldn't do enough for you. Our cleaner Souessa, was fantastic. I noticed she had a bucket and spade on her trolley that she had removed from a departed guests room so I asked if I could have it for my daughter. She gave us it and told us she would bring some water pistols for her the next day. She duly did this...very kind!!

Silke, Jaime and Femke on reception were fantastic and pleasant at all times. I emailed ahead to say my wife and I had recently got married and this was like a family holiday/honeymoon for us. Silke replied to say there would be a bottle of prosecco in our room on arrival, which was a lovely gesture.

A special mention must also go to Femke. Our flight with Easyjet was cancelled. After spending 7hrs at Palma airport before this was confirmed, I realised it could be many hours before Easyjet found us a hotel and transport. Having a very tired 2yr old with us, I called OLA Maioris and I explained the problem to Femke and asked if they had a room available for the night. She told me they had 1 room only available, we could have it but would need to check out at 11am next day. Being desperate to get to bed, we took it! We returned by taxi to the hotel and were met by Femke. She apologised that we had missed dinner but handed us an ice cold bottle of prosseco and 2 glasses to take to our room! The next day, we got up and went for breakfast as normal, then took the luggage down and checked out the room. We left the luggage at the luggage store and spent the day by the pool. At 5pm, Femke gave us the keys to a proper room which we were told we could use for an hour to get ready. Fantastic service, and it was like a normal day as we never went near the room during our week there anyway until it was time to shower before dinner. Femke even called Palma airport before we left to check everything was ok with our rescheduled flight home. She really did go above and beyond the call of duty and it was this type of action that made us think, although we prefer an apartment or villa, we would definitely go back here if we found a decent deal.

Without wanting to end on a sour note, a few other reviewers have mentioned the restaurant, food, bar areas, noise at night and slippery poolside areas. Yes, I have to agree with some of the comments. The restaurant can be a bit shambolic at times. The supporting pillars seem to be the main issue. You can't see round them and often find yourself walking into someone with a plate of food or drinks! There are plenty tables and seats though, so once you are at your table its a relatively safe haven until you need to get up again! We found the quality of the food pretty good. We have been elsewhere with a more extensive choice, but unless you are extremely fussy, there should be enough choice for most.

With regards to the bar/drinks situation. There is self service on the soft drinks (if you like wasps in your juice as they crawl into the pipes!) but if you want served alcohol or soft drinks you will likely need to queue. Even in the 1st week of august, it was never more than 4 or 5 in a queue, but I can see how this would annoy people at times. It was usually 1 person serving during the day (Augustino I think!) and he worked incredibly hard. Some people were a bit rude and obnoxious to the staff but, I tried to remember they are doing a job to the best of their ability and its not their fault the hotel hadn't employed more people. Im sure they would've been delighted with an extra pair of hands!!! In the evening Augostino and Aurelio could be found working the bar in the entertainment area (not sure when they actually slept!!)

The pool area is extremely slippy, as others have commented on. I didn't run anywhere and would take my toddler daughters hand whenever we walked around the pool. She slipped on more than one occasion even as I held her hand. Pool shoes are probably a good idea for your kids but even then kids who had them were still slipping on the tiles. Im sure this could be rectified for next year though.

We were in block A, above the pool tables and kids hut. The worst thing about that was the kids who were left to roam around all evening themselves whilst the parents were presumably drinking in the bar. Often I was kept awake as the kids climbed and banged the wooden shutter and roof of the kids hut below, usually until the all inclusive bar closed at 11pm.

Having said that, the hotel next door had booming poolside entertainment until around 12pm each night which could be heard from block A, B or C and theres not much Maioris can do about that.

Theres not much in the mainly residential surrounding area except 1 large supermarket at the top of the road if you turn left out of hotel and some smaller shops, bars and couple of restaurants if you turn right. The rocky cove area is a nice walk. I took my daughter to the road end a couple of times in her buggy to let her sleep. Didn't walk right down the steep road but if you had older kids or a couple it would be worth doing.

We used the courtesy bus to the beach in Arenal a couple of times. Can thoroughly recommend. Beach is lovely. Arenal is effectively magaluf for German kids but they are not too bad during the day. 4pm bus back is a good one to get though as they start to really surface from their rooms then!! We enjoyed our trips out to the beach though and had lovely tapas in a spanish family restaurant up one of the side streets (can't remember the name unfortunately!)

Overall, this hotel is a solid 3 star on the food issues, restaurant etc, 5 star in staff helpfulness, attitude and work rate and 4 star rooms!

Room Tip: we were on 1st floor block A above pool table. Got sun from mid afternoon.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jamb01874
Pepe P, Director at OLA Hotel Maioris, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear guest
Thank you very much for sharing your observations with us, they really help us to improve. We are glad you had a nice experience in Ola hotel Maioris and we hope you to be our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I'm coming to the end of a week stay and wanted to get this in while everything was fresh in my mind.
First, those reading the 1 star reviews, please don't worry too much.
I'll start from the beginning. We got picked up at the airport to be told we are going straight to the hotel, no drop offs on the way. Great start to the holiday, only 20 minutes on the bus after a very early start with two young boys.
THE LOBBY
Arrived at the hotel and first impressions were positive, it's charming, modern, clean and well presented. It was cool, and clearly the air con was working. We checked in very quickly and another bonus was our room was ready and it was still before midday. We were all ready prepared to wait a few hours but happy days. the staff were ok, not overly cheery but helpful non the less.
ROOMS:
The room was great, spacious and a lovely outdoor terrace with sun loungers. The beds and pillows were a bit hard but that's down to personal preference,
The rooms were 'cleaned' daily but not to a high standard, and only on the 5th day and only when I requested it were the bed sheets actually changed.
Our room was on the first floor of the main building and with two young children we didn't always go to watch the evening entertainment but that's ok because we sure could hear it. It was so loud as was the music from the neighbouring hotel.
FOOD:
Now, the food, the one thing that has had extremely mixed reviews. The general consensus is the that food really does need improving and I agree. I didn't find it repetitive and on the whole it was ok and some thing's were actually very nice but the hotel really needs to look at it's chef because the food is so inconsistent and once or twice we did find things inedible.
The layout needs work too because it does have a canteen feel to it.
ALL INCLUSIVE/SNACKS:
The hotel have been clever with the alcohol side of the all in. They have one bad during the day with only one person serving, this means massive queues. I'm not a massive drinker so most of the time I was happy with the self serve soft drinks and these are all branded (coca cola, Fanta, sprite) which in a restaurant something's cost more than the beer. Stacks were there throughout the day, now this was repetitive but it did the job I guess.
Crisis, sandwiches, toasties, cakes etc etc.
The same in the evenings too with 2 people serving the whole hotel meaning massive queue for a beer.
THE POOLS:
The pools were great, you have 2 main pools, a baby pool and a splash pool.
They were all clean but found the water in the main pool far too chlorinated, so much it would sting my eyes.
The kids loved the splash pool and unlike some reviews the water was very clean and not cloudy in the slightest.
*WARNING* a massive concern is the floor around the pools, it's s health hazard and the hotel needs to do something about this, quickly. PLEASE be carful as it's very slippery and can do some damage, make sure you're kids are careful. I wouldn't let mine go anywhere without me holding their hands. It's honestly a law suit waiting to happen. I really hope the hotel see this review and start to take notice.

There is a massive French presence in this hotel but that wasn't a problem, we met some lovely French families, and as a whole the French kids were better behaved than the English ones.
The French entertainment team were great too and mingled with every nationality not just French.

Overall we had a decent stay, weather was great and the kids loved playing in the pools but the hotel really need to take notice of the reoccurring issues in these reviews and start doing something about them.
Would love to come back to Majorca but won't be returning to this hotel.

I hope people can take this as a non bias review and don't be scared, this isnt a hell hole, just a little rough around the edges.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Seb F

Dear guest,

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

A perfect holiday from arriving to leaving,the staff are so pleasant the hotel spotless and so much to do,room was beautiful and a few English channels great for kids and the all inclusive couldn't fault it the food beautiful each meal time

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Gail M

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I thought I'd leave a review on my last day. Firstly please don't read much into the bad reviews. I am an avid traveler and have been fortunate to stay in many 5* hotels in many beautiful locations (Maldives, Canada etc.). Now as a single parent my priorities are very different.

I went to this hotel hoping for a friendly, professional
All inclusive hotel and that's exactly what we got! I didn't pay silly money to stay here and as such didn't expect it to be all singing, all dancing. It's absolutely spotless and so much food on offer all day!! My children loved the unlimited slush and ice pops!!

It's a great place for children and I found everyone exceptionally friendly and professional - Silvie on reception is a real asset to the hotel as is Maria in the restaurant - she seems to work endlessly. The FRAM animation team were all friendly and encouraged everyone to get involved with activities - they certainly didn't leave out the British as suggested in other reviews - they were friendly and fun. I must say I never saw a Thomas Cook rep though!!

The restaurant is a little chaotic and it's the first hotel I've ever stayed in where there are so few waitresses/waiters! In the past I've been shown to a free table and had drinks brought to my table - as a 4* hotel this would be good. The restaurant is also a bit too busy with the main queue right by the entrance which is not a great lay out. The food overall was fine, not gourmet but good - desserts excellent, children got their own buffet selection.

I think the hotel sells itself short and could up its prices but offer a higher quality of service - particularly in the bar and restaurant - more waiters/waitresses and bar staff are desperately needed. It's got so much potential as lovely location and great facilities, just missing a bit of class!

I recommend leaving the hotel and finding the local rocky cove during your stay! You can swim in the sea here with the locals. It's stunning - it's a step mountain road down and not for the faint hearted walking back but you can call a cab for a few euros. We also went on an all day boat trip where we got to swim in the sea and see a different part of the island.

Thanks Ola Majoris for a lovely week away in the sun.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LMN111

Reviewed 5 September 2017

lovely hotel and people, unfortunately food was repetative and just warm and we couldnt get hardly any sleep due to drunk parents, allowing kids to run riot in the place inc running across sunbeds and around pools and landings untill after midnight, staff (all two of them on reception) did nothing to address this despite me complaining, seems to me theres no authority in the the place to controll such behavour, its such a shame as the place is spotless and the rooms lovely i would love to return but couldnt due to above problems !!!!

Room Tip: do not stay in block a as entertainment room inside it and very rowdy!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family