All reviewsafternoon teaclay pigeon shootingfour poster bedjunior suitedining experiencedrawing roomroxburgh hotellog firevery attentive stafffirst classcountry house hotelbeautiful surroundingsnight breakdining roomsconeshigh standardlamb
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We stayed one night on our way home and cannot recommendation the hotel highly enough. The staff were so friendly and welcoming to us and our guide dog puppy. The accommodation was just perfect and the food delicious, Nothing was too much bother and the staff all seem genuinely happy, such a refreshing change. Don’t hesitate too book this hotel, you won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
GMRoxburghe, General Manager at Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Dear Mary C,
Many thanks for the kind words for a recent stay with us at the Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course. What a lovely review, we are especially happy to hear that the welcome and stay was both happy and friendly. We are very proud of all members of our team, whether their work is visible to the guest or not, with recognition like this going a long way. Thank you. We were also delighted to have your guide dog puppy join us; being a dog-friendly hotel lets us meet many different 4 legged guests too.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon
Best regards
Niall Keddie

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I recently went to Roxburgh for a light lunch ,and what can I say?! The staff were so welcoming! Manda at reception greeted me like a king showing me to the ever so cosy bar that hosted a open roaring fire! I then I had the delight of Dominique’s wonderful service she wined and dine over me like royalty recommending to me to try the soufflé which I did! It was amazing it was the lightest soufflé I ever tasted she then informed me that the Head chef personally made my order! Chef mwa excellent soufflé honestly was so delicious. I then got a tour of the building and some of the vacant rooms this place is like a palace. I’m in love see you next time!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2017

My husband and I had booked the Christmas 3 night break but unfortunately he had a heart attack on Christmas morning and ended up in Borders Hospital , he was transferred to Golden Jubilee and after treatment is now home and recovering.
The hotel is just delightful, from the check in to rooms and the public areas it’s like going back in time to a much gentler time but with modern facilities.
We were in the Courtyard Suite which is lovely.
The staff are absolutely exceptional, they took such good care of me, they even arranged a packed lunch to take to the hospital. Their kindness and consideration was very much appreciated and although I don’t want to single out any one person, Eleanor you are one in a million. Thank you.
The food throughout our/my stay was lovely, beautifully presented and so tasty.
I really can’t speak highly enough of the hotel and staff. Thank you so much for making a very stressful time so much easier.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathygrant01
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Log fires, traditional stocking on Christmas morning and above all, wonderful food. And big plus point - daily seasonal menus were supplemented by balanced a la carte choices - no lazy chef 'taster' menus. Sadly the wine list is exceptionally poor - Chez Rouz pushing low quality French wines and champagnes. All the staff were well trained, friendly and anticipated needs! Great programme of entertainment. Hope the new owners can keep up this standard.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room - or a dog friendly room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2017

We had a standard room, which was not cosy or inviting but it was adequate. The bathroom was cold and rather shabby. We ordered champagne by the glass, and it was flat; the after-dinner coffee was cold; the breakfast croissants were overdone and dry..........
Not the Christmas treat we’d been looking forward to.
Judging by the glowing reviews I’ve read on this site, we must have gone on a bad day.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
GMRoxburghe, General Manager at Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear TomNorthYorkshire,
Many thanks for you recent visit and also the review. We remember you well but we also remember serving the Champagne without bubbles, which we were immediately able to replace once aware. Sorry about that again, we should have noticed and have discussed this with the team so we are grateful to you allowing us to improve, something we aim for every day. It is a shame that you did not make us aware until checkout regarding the coffee and croissant as we could have done something immediately had we known or been able to find out as we checked back or served you something else. Maybe next time, which I sincerely hope we are able to have and I look forward to welcoming you back personally.

Niall Keddie