“All good............”
Review of The Somerset Wagon

The Somerset Wagon
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family ran country pub.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Visited with our grandchildren. Service good, colouring books for the tinies to keep them busy whilst waiting for the food to arrive. Beer good, food good and all at a reasonable price. Worth a visit

Debbie T, Owner at The Somerset Wagon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Debbie

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We had a long day at Wookey Hole and came across this friendly pub. Lovely food and very friendly. Reasonable prices and large portions. Thank you

1  Thank Clairespencer
Debbie T, Owner at The Somerset Wagon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

I am so glad you enjoyed your time at our pub thanks Debbie

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I think I got the date right, we had a lovely lunch in a pleasant atmosphere. We haven't had the opportunity to visit since its refurbishment. Easy to find and good parking. Staff very pleasant.

1  Thank Mary K
Debbie T, Owner at The Somerset Wagon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you I hope to see you again soon Debbie

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We visited the wagon about a month after the new management took over and had a very poor meal. Dispite this we were keen to give it another go and read the reviews about the Sunday lunches which seemed to be better than the standard menu.
We visited for Sunday lunch I chose the pork and my partner chose the roast chicken we were deeply disappointed. The so called roast chicken was a chargrilled chicken breast on top of a bed of mash which was like rubber it could have been used as a sole on my shoe.
The pork was all stuffing with very little meat and as belly pork is the cheapest cut of the pig it was sparse which was disappointing and when we asked for condiments we had eaten most of our meals by the time they arrived at our table. We opted for dessert but it all seemed too much hassle as the waitress said she would come back but didn't.
We have been using the wagon for years and desperately wanted to give it a fair trial but we won't be eating here anymore dispite the new look which is really nice and a great improvement it is great for drinks but not food.

1  Thank travelexplorer77
Debbie T, Manager at The Somerset Wagon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

I am sorry you felt like that but I am not sure about the mash potatoes as we don't put mash on the roast dinners ?? I am also sorry for the experience you had with my waitres I will have a conversation with her, your sauces should of come before your meal.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely top class service food excellent the pub is very clean and tidy toilets so clean you can eat your food In. Very reasonable prices

Thank you for your review and i hope to see you both again soon Debbie