All reviews oysters aesop toiletries three rooms his team beach bag waiheke island hotel guests rustic feel room was spacious two nights breakfast was included ferry terminal perfect location perry balcony accommodation nz
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Oysters, fish and chips, fish of the day, dish of the day and desserts everything is very fresh and perfectly prepared. Three years after our first stop in this restaurant the terrace and the service is always nice.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2018

My wife and I were told to check out Waiheke Island when visiting NZ and Auckland. Funny enough, there was an article in the NY Times Travel section the following week about Auckland and they mentioned Waiheke Island and the Oyster Inn. I immediately booked a room at the Inn not knowing there are only three rooms. As soon as we arrived Perry and his team were on it! We were in room one and the room was great. Perry gave us the "local" layout of the island and the best wineries to go to, which helped tremendously. Then came the food at their restaurant. The food is amazing as we were tasting fresh mussels with the chef one day while having one of the best breakfasts on our trip.

Room tip: There are only three rooms. Each room is well appointed with all the amenities you need.
Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank moliver64
Reviewed 1 May 2018

WHERE.DO.I.EVEN.START!
Let me put it that way. I am already planning my next trip to Waiheke Island, and I will stay at the Oyster inn again.
From the pick up from the ferry that I forgot to organise and someone from the Inn reminded me to do and did for me, to the amazing rooms, with super friendly and accommodating staff with fantastic customer services, what more could you want?
The food maybe? Well it's simply one of the best feed you'll get on the island. The menu is incredible and the food is absolutely superb, and again I cannot fault the service.
Thank you to the whole team for making our birthday weekend extra-special.

Room tip: We were lucky enough to get an upgrade to Room 1, highly recommended!!!!
1  Thank Bellatrix6618
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Took my wife here for our first wedding anniversary on a package deal and we were very happy with our time at the Oyster Inn. The service was excellent, from the pick up/drop off for the ferry to the staff at the restaurant. The room (#1) was spacious, particularly the bathroom and the place has a nice modern, rustic feel to it. The room had nice touches, such as beach towels/beach bag and the Aesop toiletries (plus a couple of truffles for our anniversary). Dinner was delicious, as the name attests the oysters were great but my personal highlight was the trevally sashimi. The only downside was breakfast, the omelette I ordered was average and the menu was limited - but understandable considering breakfast is for hotel guests only and not open to the public.

1  Thank ChrisH472
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We always try to get here for lunch every time we are on the Island. The fish and chips are absolutely great. See if you can get a table on the verandah.The view is superb overlooking Oneroa. The service is quick and thoughful. Great place.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple