Lowest prices for your stay
US$185
Free cancellation until 25/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$185
Free cancellation until 27/01/22
FindHotel
US$179
Free cancellation until 25/01/22
Hotels.comUS$185
PricelineUS$185
HurbUS$185
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

I visited this place since some
Booking at Expedia and Gustazos bought, from February 14 to February 16 check out. They gave my room with no view, not matter gustazos was room view and Expedia was Room with view and
VIP. Is the first place I visited so unsafe and odd in all the ways. Specially stairs unsafe and horrible hotel office staff.
The parking place is very unsafe,
All the stairs are unsafe specially the one just in the middle of the pool. Where I suffer lateral ankle inversion, I just still rehab after 8 months of staying in that place.
Since my late check in I was attended by someone very not customer oriented, as well all the staff from Lazy Parrot. Except the ones from Mi familia restaurant that are really good ones they presence my fall, as well help me as they can, also they’re the one that always interact with my husband. Before the fall I never interact with mi familias. In addition, I always stayed on the room, I only get out for go to Rincón restaurants,ect. My husband was the one to pick up VIP drinks from Expedia on the restaurant Mi familias, and always the person that visited the place my familias. After i fallen on the unsafe stair someone of the office horrible staff 8-5pm said they saw me using the stairs before. Not knowing the point, nor the lie.
The person supposed that I’m the person that pick up VIP drinks or anything consuming from mi familias, was always my husband that pick up he even need to take this stairs.
When i fallen due to poor construction and not handrails at the end of the stair (centered in the pool), rocks from decorative stair loose, stairs uneven and poor illumination. I severely suffer lateral sprain inversion, anyone that has suffer this kind of accident knows that’s imposible to get to hospital just at the moment, more than with more stairs again to get and unsafe parking. Customer service from hotel was not there and even saw my face only on the checkout of 02-17-18 when the situation was reported by Mi familias who evidence my falling and all the employees there including spouse from owner that help me with some ice and cup of water, also talking to me to help me with the pain. And my husband that evidence the fall. Was the only one that can help further.
And as many other customers stated this hotel have many many stairs unsafe/risky not matter your age or anything. On all my stay on this hotel As soon I get down from my room, i get the stair that is on the photos that is on front of the room, after you get up and get to unsafe parking. This new owners are really not responsible. I extended from Check in February 14 to check out February 16. We add extra day checking out February 17. Since the situation, bad response, Even first aid kit, thanks God I always carry one, the owner communicated to my phone from unknown letting me Know He will refund the day I fall from the unsafe, probably not within regulations stairs with poor light. As you see on the photos of the stair. Also they told as soon as I have deductible from my phone repair He will take charge, not happen. They send very poorly the information to their private insurance, This fall cost me thousands! 15 physical therapies, many doctor visits! More than 8 months rehab. Broken tendon. My shoes were new when I fall.
I suffer also big laceration on left knee, plus the ankle lateral inversion right foot I still dealing...
About the room the A/C is really noisy,
Many mosquitoes. Jacuzzi is
Cold not have any heater at the time of my visit. Not breakfast nor coffee. Thanks
God the bakery next to Lazy Parrot
Made very good sandwiches.
The stairs for get to
The room are well constructed not problem. However all the other stairs and the parking in this hotel are uneven, construction is poor not rustic. And the stair i fallen that was the centered one don’t have handrails at
The last stair.
Response to help,
Since everyone shock was normal.
On 02-17-18 we
Get to hospital and checkout
Morning after can’t sleep.
I handwritten report myself of what happened the office customer representatives don’t seem very empathic and my husband told forehand situation and never no one appeared at the room. On the check out is when i met the horrible office customer services personal. That supposed to be a getaway for st valentine days since i lived just so miles at that moment from the place,
And transformed on the worst
Nightmare of our life.
This year 2018 was highly impacted by this unfortunately decision on visit this place. More security for this stairs is needed. Many other customer maybe not have been so unlucky as me and injured since other responsability in private property.
However, they mention in many customer reviews the unsafe and the stairs,
As well the unsafe environment on all the hotel. I not recommended this place to anyone! To anyone! This can be as one customer wrote life threatening experience for any member, any age of the family. Yes is quiet boring place to just stay the night, more than that nothing to offer, at in the moment of my visit not improvement as per reviews read now from before. Price night is $100. Btw I the worst Expedia VIP hotel I ever stayed. Owner don’t even live on Puerto Rico and they own the place recently as investment, owner was educated and wish me best regards and be well soon. But nothing further as the mentioned. This is my honest review, I sincerely would have love it to leave more positive experience, but I need to be honest. For the well being and correct selection of other customers. As well if you liked the place
For whatever reasons, please be safety in all your stay. Have precaution on the parking as well on all stairs of the hotel for go to the parking. The pool, the office, etc.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank dix22
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Excelentes facilidades servicio comida y precios Excellent facilities costumer service food and prices Recommended 100% I’ll be back next in my next free days. Rincon is our favorite place in all Puerto Rico.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Carla F
Annabella P, Guest Relations Manager at Lazy Parrot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Hola Carla!

Thank you for your five star review, it pleases us that you enjoyed our hotel, customer service and food! See you soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

I'm going to take my time with this review. I want to be fair to the hotel, but I must also be honest to my fellow readers. These reviews greatly influence my decision of staying at a place or not, and to know what to expect if I do stay somewhere. There were some good changes since the last time I visited the Lazy Parrot, but I must confess, we were disappointed big time with others. We hadn't been to Rincon in a quite a while. Work sent us back, and we figured it was a great excuse to go back to the LP for a couple days. The idea was to just stay at the hotel and do absolutely nothing, since doing "nothing" is a rare thing for us. We're usually late arrivals, so we expected the envelope with the key on the bulletin board. They added a safe to hold the keys for late arrivals, which I thought was a good thing. Walked up to the pool (we always park at the bottom of the hill) and saw the changing color lights (cool), and we wondered if they finally heated what we've always called "the cold tub". To our surprise, they did! So far so good. We arrived at our room (302, which has one of the best views, as does 301, 201 and 202).Room was very clean (as was the entire hotel), air conditioning was on, which is where I think where many smaller places like the Lazy Parrot fail. I think having the AC on for when guests arrive is a big, little detail, as I think that guests feel that they were being expected. Took a much needed, scorching hot shower and crashed in bed. Woke up, opened the sliding door and could smell their great coffee, so walked down. Having stayed at the LP many times over the years, we certainly hated the fact that they did away with the breakfast. It wasn't fancy, but the fruit, toast, bagels with cream cheese, cereal and yogurt were good. REAL good. Far better than most other comparable places I've been to, and I really wish they'd bring it back. So it was either settle for the bakery next to the hotel or drive to "town". Driving anywhere was not the idea, so we settled for the bakery. After eating at the bakery I thought of Jim Carrey saying "I've had better" in Liar Liar. Went to the pool, and around 10am I saw a couple going into the kitchen. I figured they were setting up to open at 11, but found weird that they brought a gallon of what seemed to be drinking water. That drew my eyes to the sign... or lack thereof. Then I noticed that the TV was gone, and the building needed paint. At that moment the realization that our plan of doing nothing wasn't going to work out, began to sink in. They told us that they were waiting on government certification in order to open. I do know that dealing with the local government is a PITA, and I hope that this was really the case and not just some BS they're telling everyone. However judging by the condition of the building, this one's a 50/50, in my opinion. As I'm not in the business of getting people in trouble, I'm not going to say who told me over the phone that the pizzeria was open. However it was wrong to offer something that wasn't so. All this accomplishes is that your loyal customers won't trust you. Forced to go out, we saw how much Rincon had changed since our last visit before the storm. Got back to the hotel, but housekeeping had not gone to the room. No big deal, but wondered what happened with that. Went to take a shower and WTF, no hot water. Being from Puerto Rico and having solar water myself, I know that it runs out, especially on cloudy days. Guys, this is an easy fix. Just put a thermostat and have it go electric if the temp drops. So, cold shower (not cool), and walked to the pizza truck down the street (happy to see that he had survived the hurricane). Sunday rolls around, and since the LP no longer has breakfast, we figured we'd just eat at the farmer's market, as we had decided to go there on our way out anyway. Go to take a morning shower, and whatever hint of cold water that had been left in the pipes was REAL cold now. This just wasn't happening. At this point I just had to complain, because this really sucked. They told me the obvious. The place had new owners, and that they had brought some hotel consultant from Hawai'i. From there they told me about the "thousands" that they had in solar panels waiting to be connected. At that point I suspected that I wasn't the first one to complain about not having hot water. In closing, Would I go back? Sure. Would the LP still be my first choice when I go back to Rincon? Probably. Its still a great, quiet, clean place to get away. The staff was as courteous as usual (Jahbi, Sam, sorry we didn't see you on this trip). But there are things that need to be fixed big time. Moreover, there were great things that are no more. As a long time customer of the LP, its definitely not what it used to be. Hope they tell this to the fancy hotel consultant from Hawai'i.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Puertoricosigns
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I was here Sept 2017 and spent 2 days. They have 2 restaurants and a pool side bar. There pizza was NY style and I enjoyed it as it was brick oven pizza. They have a nice selection of wine for those who enjoy a nice glass and have refreshing mojitos as well as other cocktails. The inn has three pools, the main large one and two smaller ones which are great if you have children. The inn is near many beaches. I will be staying again!

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank Santilynn

Hello Santilynn!

Thank you very much for your five star review, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel!
Please come visit us again!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

First, I will say the good things, the positive ones. It’s a nice and quiet place; good pool; SPA tub; free WIFI; TV, pet friendly; microwave; refrigerator; complementary coffee in the morning, nice room, during the day, before 5:00 pm, nice and friendly staff, that’s all. Excellent City, it’s a must, you must visit Rincon. You will love it. “”But”” if you decide to visit the Lazy Parrot Inn, use the route 413 to the left side of the road, where you will have an excellent view of the beach.
The awful ones: This is being honest with the visitors, things I am sure, they could improve, or at least work with it in a short terms goal. After 5:00 pm, no staff is available for service; their internet site say they have restaurants, it’s a lie. NO restaurants, no food at any hour, not even,… at least a vending machines for water, drinks or food, obsolutely nothing, not even something close to eat. If you want to eat, you must leave the place, by car, not even walking distance. No service phone in the room. After 5:00 pm, you call their emergency number, nobody answers. If you want ice, it needs to be requested before 5:00 pm, and you must wait till somebody come with the keys. We got to this place at 6:00 pm, in the middle of a rain. No parking at the property, the parking is at the other side of the road, in a muddy downhill lot, risking your life, with your luggage in the muddy downhill lot and when crossing the road. They text us that the key will be in a safe box at the entrance of the property, they send us the access code. We had to walk up and down different slippery stairs thru the garden in the middle of the rain, to get to our room,… unacceptable. We stay three days, just went to sleep, since the property didn’t had nothing else to offer, this place is over price. But YES.. we enjoy the City of Rincon. If you ask me if I will stay here again… I don’t thing so. We visit several small hotels, Inn, in the area that are much, much, much better and less, less expensive, and they YES have restaurants, and guest service until late hours, and a thousand time excellent ocean view… it’s a must to see the sunset. PLEASE read the reviews before booking, which I failed with this one. I just to say the administration, that don’t take your time in giving apologies or excuses, just work with this opportunity. Excuses only satisfies the ones you give it, not the person who receives it, and please don’t take me wrong, I just want the best for you.

Room tip: no comments
Date of stay: August 2018