“Good food amazing views ”

Albacara Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 288 Restaurants in Ronda
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

You do not expect good food at the restaurant with the amazing views but this restaurant is an exception. Very good food, exceptional service. Overall worth a visit if you can secure a terrace table!

1  Thank sobaka50

Reviewed 13 October 2017

My wife and I chose to eat at Albacara on the back of the very good reviews on Trip Advisor and made a reservation for a table on the terrace. The table was excellent with views over the new bridge and gorge accompanied by a wonderful sunset (it is worthwhile timing the booking for this).

We received a very warm welcome on our arrival and the service overall was friendly. A slight downside is that, due to nature of the stunning views, it is a photo taking bonanza so around sunset many people are moving around but this doesn’t last for long. There was an interesting mixture of people and nationalities at the restaurant from a small group celebrating a birthday party to a couple who had just got engaged, so it made for a lovely atmosphere.

As a starter I order the Tuna Tataki with Wasabi Ice Cream and my wife ordered the Iberian Ham. The tuna was superb being fresh and beautifully seared and the wasabi ice cream was delicious. The size of the Tuna was almost a main course in itself.

For a main, my wife and I had ordered the Dorado cooked in salt, which duly arrived on a trolley with the waiter expertly removing the salt and carving the fish. This seemed to become entertainment for the other diners and the waiter received a round of applause (deservedly given the extra pressure he was under). The fish was beautifully cooked, delicate and moist, as it should be.

For pudding I had the sorbet with Cava and my wife the figs and ice cream. To be honest I think the pudding options are far more disappointing then the starters and mains, which had ‘set the bar high’.

We ordered espresso’s and were given some complimentary Cava’s. With 3 courses, a bottle of white wine and a couple of glasses of Cava + Coffees the meal came to around €120.

I have seen a few quite negative reviews on TripAdvisor which surprised me as I thought that the setting, quality of the food and friendliness and attentiveness of the staff was really top notch. Recommended.

3  Thank Robesi
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We had a fine meal here. The staff were very friendly and food was delicious too. We tried one bottle of Verdejo but not so good so they changed it no probs. The sunset view is unique. Fish very tasty.

1  Thank Spoeckie
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

The restaurant reviews on Trip Advisor can be a bit tricky from time to time. It's sometimes hard to know if people judge the restaurants by it's food or something else. After visiting Albacara restaurant I'm sure this restaurant hasn't got it's high reviews neither for the food nor the service but for the fantastic views from the veranda. It's a bit sad because I believe that people who's into food like myself will get quite disappointed visiting this restaurant.

It all started pretty bad from the beginning. The waiter stretched over the whole table to serve the wine to my wife and poured a whole lot of wine on the tablecloth which he then covered with a napkin. He then poured the wine again for me and my wife and we noticed that this medium to full bodied red wine was as cold as a white wine. It tasted terrible and we called the head waiter. We got new glasses and a better temperated wine but we got a bit confused about this novice error from a restaurant that states that they have "recommendations from the sommelier" in their wine list. Still, the worst was yet to come... If there's something any chef should be able to do - especially at an restaurant with high ranking and prices - it's to cook a fillet of beef correctly. When my beef was served I was currious and pressed it with my finger. I ordered it medium but it felt very moisty and soft. Cutting it my first impression was proved to be right - it was grilled one millimeter and then totally raw on the inside - a true disaster for the kitchen! After my complaint they took the meat out and put it in the oven instead of giving me a new fillet of beef as I asked for. It was now rubbery and tasteless. After this mistake the head waiter tried to make things alright again by offering me coffe or dessert. The only right thing he should have done was to take this dish out of the bill, which he didn't of course - so we had to pay 25 euros for this terrible piece of meat!

This is not a good restaurant. The view's fantastic but the service is careless and unprofessional and the food really nothing special. On our way out we saw the waiter picking up the desserts from cardboard boxes from a store. This is NOT a restaurant you should visit for the food, trust me on this one...

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Great food, great service, unreal view. Very accommodating to my family with small children, despite the relatively intimate setting on the terrace.