We had a relaxing week in San Juan. We like staying on the beach on Isla Verde avenue because of proximity to shops and restaurants. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Only complaint is the pool area mess. We stayed here a couple of years ago and it was great. This time was also very nice but not great. The grounds were not kept up as well and the lack of cleanliness at the pool was a problem. The pool had leaves and other debris in it constantly and there were used cans, bottles and cups all around the pool. This was true every day and throughout the day; morning, noon or night. And once I even saw a plastic cup inside the pool. It was obvious that the cleaning or pool area staff was not instructed or supervised to keep the pool and surrounding area clean. It was annoying to be on vacation somewhere that you think is higher end only to realize that the staff cares so little about cleaning. I bet I would not see this on most hotels on the island. I would stay here again because the overall value was good but I would talk to managers about the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beachfront InterContinental San Juan is located on Isla Verde and is a great setting for both business and pleasure. With the best sparkling beach of the area, perfect weather, amazing restaurants, natural beauty, fun and adventure, sizzling nightlife and great shopping your stay will sure be a memorable one. San Juan International airport is just three miles away. Conducting business is a breeze and it's easy to balance with pleasure. During the day, your group can enjoy our flexible meeting spaces and executive breakout rooms. Our team of experts will orchestrate the finer points, while you sit back in pampered elegance. Old San Juan and the main financial and business districts are just 15 minutes away. Nature lovers will not want to miss El Yunque Rain Forest, The Rio Camuy Caves or the Bioluminescent Bay. Free children (under 16 years old) and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the perks. Do more than just visit an exotic place - immerse yourself in it. Stay at InterContinental San Juan and allow us to pamper you with our warm hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde
- Intercontinental San Juan Resort And Casino