La Playita
  • Beachfront
US$318
US$276
  • Pool
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
US$98
US$347
US$331
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Villa Verde Inn(Isla Verde)
US$101
All reviewscontinental breakfastsmall hotellocation is greatpuerto ricocevicheold san juanbeach hotelan ocean view roomvalet guyssmall fridgerooms are cleanthe hotel staffisla verde areahamburgeryogurtour honeymooncoconut
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The staff was pleasant but the actual hotel was nasty. No telephone to call for room service. No pool or immediate beach access even though its on the water. We paid the extra for an ocean view room. The view was of the ocean AND the roof... which took away from the view. Stains on the bed sheets, scuffed up furniture, the tub/shower stained and the shower faucet was broken and difficult to get hot water. Cheap shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower area. There were roaches around the bar....which is where the breakfast is served in the morning. The bar /restaurant closes down at 10pm even on friday and saturday night. It was creepy at night since everything there shut down so early.....and yes... it is located next door to a condemned building. Not recommended.....its over priced for the condition. Our friends stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for about $30 more per night and it was excellent there and worth the extra $$$.

Room Tip: Don't pay for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My wife when we first got to the hotel said this looks like it is out of a movie!! Little did we know that a few weeks earlier there was a movie filmed there. Rooms are clean and quaint. The hotel staff is top notch. I felt like we made new friends with all the hotel staff from the valet guys to Corey who runs the restaurant. The restaurant was by far the best place we ate the entire time we were in PR. In fact we ate there several times for lunch and dinner....it was that good!! Location of hotel is perfect for day excursions to other parts of the island. Would definitely stay here again when we come back to PR.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is the way to go.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TNTravelers20
Reviewed 1 July 2017

I stayed just for one night. Staff is friendly, but the room and its amenities are just like a motel. Old furniture, not enough lighting, bathroom small. It seems clean and it was available. Really nothing to write at all. The Price was around a $100.00 a night.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Location was great to bounce between old San Juan and other nearby cities.
Water wasn't very warm.
Air conditioning remote was not working properly and stayed cold one night.
Staff was very helpful and professional.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and loved it. I was traveling alone and felt completely safe and taken care of during my stay. It's situated on a small point with beaches on either side and only steps away.

The restaurant/bar is a fun and festive spot with a beautiful view and helpful service. Korey, Antonio and staff were nothing but helpful, kind and full of solid recommendations for places to visit, eat, play and relax. It was my first time in PR and I'm definitely coming back - and when I do, I'm staying at La Playita again.

Also, It's a bargain for folks traveling on a budget. I booked in advance enough to get a good deal on the room. The room itself was pretty bare bones but clean and comfortable with AC and large windows that open to allow for a lovely ocean breeze.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo