“excellent”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Professionally I do travel a lot, spent many nights in hotels and restaurants which gives me a good opportunity to compare. I had been here before for business, and remembered the excellent food and service so that I now invited my wife for the "Coup du coeur" menu combined with a stay in their new hotel "Au Fil de l'Eau". Service is still excellent, food quality is exquisite and tasty, and the accompanying wine deal was worth taking. The hotel is quite, modern with a very friendly service. This menu - hotel stay combination is a recommendation for all people who can appreciate high quality, tasty meals and excellent service.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure to be back at this excellent restaurant for the 3rd time 26th May; stunning looking and tasting food, wine pairing done perfectly, great atmosphere and very friendly staff. This time with ‘Au fil de l’eau” hotel opened next door made it a 10/10 experience - no need for a BOB so remain without doubt our favorite.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

You will find the PERFECT food/place/ambient/atmosphere/service in this restaurant!
I had a great experience with my friend being in this restaurant! Congratulations to the Chef and to all the personnel working there - you are amazing!

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

We visited this restaurant a week before Christmas with family and friends. As soon as I stepped into the restaurant there was a dead quite uptight restaurant, which is something michelin (or michelin aspiring) should try to avoid.
When it comes to the food I was delighted with the first few dishes that were absolutely delicious. However as we came to the main courses I felt as if the restaurant has tried to over complicate dishes making them not as appealing, this was only the case for one or two dishes. The rest was great.
The service was quick and organised, as you would expect in a restaurant like this. Some waiters did not speak any English, and the ones that did spoke limited English.
Overall I was generally pleased, and I might visit again.

1  Thank Elias I
Reviewed 13 September 2015

As part of our mini break we had decided to visit some Michelin starred restaurants.
This was the 2nd one, the building is nothing special to be honest from the outside,
& the place takes a bit of finding as well, however the dining room is great and the food was amazing.

We visited on a Thursday lunchtime and the place was quite quiet. the amuse bouches we received I gave a 9, the bread and both courses 10 this is pretty unusual looking back through my reviews. I had Asparagus de Jurbis followed by Pigeonnade. They were both exceptional, like a number of good restaurants this one uses local ingredients so the asparagus & the pigeon! were from nearby, possibly the same field. The service was very good with the waiters quite happy to speak English and listen to our rather poor French.

All in I reviewed this at 92% which puts it in 2nd place out of 96 at the time of writing, well worth seeking out. Unbeknownst to us the lady chef was voted best female chef in Belgium in 2014, I can certainly see why excellent food.

1  Thank Steve D