“Can’t be disappointed by this view”
Review of Wings of Tatev

Wings of Tatev
Book In Advance
More Info
US$2,350.00*
and up
9 Day Gastronomic and Cultural Tour of Armenia
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing trip on the worlds longest cable car, which provides stunning views of the landscape. Definitely a “can’t miss” of Armenia.

All reviews
"journey takes"
"per hour"
"buy tickets"

Reviewed 22 May 2018

What a fabulous way to get to the amazing Tatev Monastery. It is ultra modern, which is surprising for this part of Armenia where in some areas it feels like time has almost stood still. Be ready for an unforgettable experience and get your cameras ready as the views are truly spectacular! It was a perfectly clear day when we rode. The Wings of Tatev felt totally safe and is a very serious and professional attraction. Nice music and good commentary so you know what you are seeing/passing over. In early May we had reserved our time slot but it was not crowded at all and we didn't have to wait in line when we missed our slot but only a minute. We simply waited for the next cable car 14 minutes later and got right on. There is a restaurant, a small gift shop and toilets available on site in Halidzor. Toilets are also available on the Tatev side.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

It is the easiest way to get to the Monestry at Tatev and to see the town of Tatev. Both worth the trip. The view from the cable car is great! Very modern and very safe.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I have pretty bad fear of height and it was one of those rides I really didn't enjoy super much. If you are like me, I suggest you ride when there are lots of people around you. At highest points, the cable car does shake. In the morning it is super crowded so reservation is necessary. It has floor to ceiling windows so view is awesome. It does beat driving over an hour to get to monastery otherwise.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Ofcourse, this is a superb attraction. When you want to visit Tat'ev on a daytour take this cable car of 5.200m long. The ride takes 12 minutes and gives great view over the valleys around Halidzor and Tat'ev. But I rated 4 stars, because of the bad organisation around the cable car. They sell tickets with a fixed time, but they don't maintain the rule.
So, I was in the queue for the ride of 5pm from tat'ev (I wanted to go round, I stayed in Tat'ev), but the cable car left without me, because other people with other times on their ticket were in front of me in the queue and they were allowed to enter. In this way I couldnot make my roundtrip anymore. The cable car is nevertheless the best way to approach Tat'ev because the road in 6 km long unpaved and not easy to take with bad rainy weather.