US$319
US$225
US$203
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
US$494
US$245
Gallows Point Resort(Cruz Bay)(Great Value!)
US$378
US$286
Travelocity
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$399
US$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdive shopaqua actionst thomascruzan beach clubfull kitchengreat snorkelingahi tuna nachosbeach barcalm waterscharlotte amalielounge chairsduffy's love shackcolorful fishno see umscoral reefbug sprayrented a car
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The Rooms of the hotel were very clean and good. The restaurant and the bar were both wonderful and had good choices in food and drinks. The beach was the best about the whole thing because it was just amazing and wonderful and the bay was full of life. We saw fish and a sting ray. Just wonderful. It was all great.

P.S. Avoid the taxi service as much as possible. They will drain your wallet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I gave 4 stars.I did alot of research prior to booking secret harbour. This was my 1st trip there and had no ideas about this place. Overall this resort was good and I was satisfied. I was a family of 5 Two adults & three teen Kids. I stayed in Ocean View room #712 (a double suite) 3 large B/Rs 3 baths and 2 patios. Large kitchen/sitting area. Front desk staff very helpful and courteous. Food at outdoor grille is pricey, but you have to expect that. Beach is very clean and enjoyable. Employees who work Towel stand on beach for guests are also nice (Will was a cool guy) Transportation/Taxis are costly. 5 -6 dollars per person. V.I. Taxi I recommend. Their drivers are knowledgeable of the Island and its activities. If you get V.I. Taxi RICKY WILLIAMS is great. Beware of some Gypsy cabs, they try to rip you off. GET A TAXI PRICE BEFORE YOU GET IN If you want to para sail, go to saphhire beach Marina aprrox 10 mins away. They said you can have the boat come to you at S/H resort, but you have to swim to the boat then get up on it (I dont recommend this) They also have a nice Grille there the owner is good and his wife makes better drinks than Secret harbour Grille. Ferry to St Johns is good $4p.p. No Passport needed if from U.S. but need one if you go to Tortola British V.I. I recommend a visit to Coral world if you are into Marine Life and swimming with Sea Lions. Downtown flea market shopping is O.K The main street downtown shopping is O.K. alot of jewelry because they sell to the Cruise Ship customers. Contrary to belief, Silver is NOT cheap like anything else its according to market fluctuations. Liquor and cigarette prices are good (Hey Im from NYC) The cost of a van ride from Cyril E. King Airport for 5 people with luggage $75.00 + tip. I do not recommend walking the roads there because they are very hilly narrow and dangerous.Food shopping, also pricey. If you dont like Iguanas you ll get used to them. If you dont bother them they wont bother you. They are not agressive so enjoy them from afar and watch the Males bob their heads in a territorial display. Getting back to the Oceanview suites, they area bit of a climb up the hill. At night when your coming back from being out, ask the taxi driver to take you up the hill. Otherwise use the gradual staircase across from the main office. If I left anything out I will be back to add/edit. Overall after looking at other resorts like Bolongo Bay (which I did not like because it looked run down) I recommend Secret Harbour. Its not perfect but for a family or couples its best value and scenery. Last minute thought, it may rain for a few minutes every day, but dont panic. it wont last long, the sun comes out then you can bake your cookies off. I cant speak of any scuba or snorkeling However, im sure its great. On check out day, (11 am) if your flight isnt until later, ask the ladies at the office to store your luggage in the secure room next to fitness center. It is equipped with a shower so you can freshen up after the beach and before your flight. Overall for this pain in the butt New Yorker, and for the price/value I recommend Secret Harbour.

Room Tip: If you have orthopedic problems, then get rooms closer to beach
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank SALLYGBOY G
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My wife and I spent 6 days in one of the Beach-Front rooms at the Secret Harbour resort. We absolutely loved our stay there. I have to say that the beach at the resort made this hotel a 5 star rating all by itself. The fact that we could walk out the back door of our room and right onto the sand at the beach made this experience an incredible one. I totally recommend their beach-front rooms.

Here's what we loved!
1. Location, Location, Location. This secret harbour beach is an absolute treasure. We spent some time on this trip at a few of the other resorts on the island (Frenchman's Cove Marriott, and the Sugar Bay Resort) and while they were nice, they were built up on the cliffs with tiny beaches that you have to hike down to. If you want to spend time on a beautiful (not crowded at all) beach, then I can't imagine being able to top the Secret Harbour for this. It was absolutely the best part of our trip.

2. Room: We loved our room at the Secret Harbour. Our room was recently updated with nice granite countertops, full size refrigerator/freezer/icemaker, full size cook top, oven, microwave, dishwasher, full compliment of dishes and cookware etc.. The bathroom was updated and nice. The bedroom was large and comfortable. The room was air-conditioned and kept us at the perfect temperature all day/night. We had a front door (which we rarely used) that went out to the parking lot. The back sliding glass door lead us right onto the beach. We had our own private patio with beach chairs, lounge chairs, and a nice table where we at any of the meals that we had prepared right there in the room.

3. Cleanliness: Our room was serviced every night and kept quite clean. We were very pleased with the overall cleanliness of the room.

4. Beach Staff: The resort had 5 or six beach staff that we interacted with each day while on the beach. They were extremly kind and very helpful. The servers from the restaurant make regular stops by everone on the beach who wants to order drinks or any food right there on the beach. They were always very accomodating and nice.

5. Sunset Grille Restaurant. We loved the "formal" dining experience at the Sunset Grille Restaurant. By "formal dining" they just mean, you don't come in your swimwear. My wife and I wore nice shirts (I wore a Polo) and shorts and we had our hair done and we fit in just fine. The food was a bit pricey, but was surprisingly good and the portion sizes were great as well. We spent $130 after tip (no alcohol) for the two of us but I ordered the most expensive entree and my wife ordered he second most, we also ordered two appetizers and two virgin specialty beverages. The service was superb and it was the best meal we had on the island that week.

Here's what we liked:

1. They have a beach dive shop there at the hotel. It was well staffed and they had plenty of rental options for kayaks, paddle boats, paddle boards, snorkel gear, and dive equipment rentals, but it all seemed a bit pricey to me. We ended up purchasing our own snorkel gear and we felt it was a wise investment since we used it 4-5 times while on our trip.

2. Comfort: The rooms were very nicely furnished with a nice sofa in the living space, kitchen table with 6 chairs, bar with 4 bar-stools. The bedroom had nice furnishings as well, I'd rate the bed as a 7 out of 10 for comfort and the pillows a 7 out 10. Certainly not the nicest bed I've ever slept on but it was comfortable enough and would not cause me to complain in the least.

What we didn't like as much:
1. Check-in: It seemed to take us an unusually long time to check-in. We arrived at 11:30PM and it took nearly 30 minutes to get everything squared away and get to our rooms. That seemed like a long time to me.

2. Pool: I have to say, that the beach at the resort is so amazing, we didn't even realize there was a pool there until the last day. It was nothing to speak of really, but honestly, who really cares? Water was 81 degrees in the ocean, who needs a pool?

3. The spa/workout room/whatever was nothing special. We didn't feel inclined to spend any time there.

Conclusion:
If I could rate the beach at this place with 10 stars then I would have. It really made our stay there an incredible experience. I've heard that some of the rooms there aren't as updated as the one we stayed in, but ours was awesome! I would definitely recommend the beach-front rooms to be right on the beach. The hotel beach staff were awesome and we didn't feel like we had to break the bank to afford this place. If I ever go back to St. Thomas, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get the Beach Front Rooms and try and get the first floor. Nothing beats walking out of your room right onto the sandy beach.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I chose Secret Harbour to do some diving with Aqua Action Dive Center which is onsite/next door. The reefs on each side of the bay are great for snorkeling or shore diving. This is not a mega property so the beach is relatively uncrowded, never had a problem getting a lounge chair. You're close to Red Hook so you have lots of dining and day excursion options. There are two nice restaurants onsite - the casual and the fine dining restaurants. The casual was perfectly casual, the fine dining was fine food but so-so service. Had a spacious 1 bedroom on the top floor of building three on the beach. Great views of Nazareth Bay! Our room was not renovated but not terrible. The kitchen had everything we needed, was clean and in great shape. The bathroom however was way overdue for a refresh. The view and the overall property and location made up for that!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the views. Ground floor has walkway right at your patio.
1  Thank lark536
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My wife and I just got home after spending a week in St. Thomas at Secret Harbour Beach Resort. Of course, we are NOT happy to be home. First, let me say, I think we hit the jackpot with room 332. The condo looked like it had been renovated throughout. The owner has excellent taste too. Very modern looking kitchen. Everything worked well. Always had hot water. Two tvs though we never used the one in the bedroom. The view was excellent yet it was not a hardship to go back and forth to the beach. Thanks to other reviews here, we did not want to be on first floor. Very little privacy and who wants to have their drapes closed during a sunny day. Though it's a public beach, it never felt crowded or rowdy. Never had a problem getting chairs. Both restaurants are excellent though the more formal one is pricey so we ate there just once. And one trip to the Food Center ensured that we could eat most of our breakfast meals in the room to save some money. We could have done more of that but we don't like to pinch pennies while on vacation. Took advantage of nearby Virgin Island Ecotour and spent one day kayacking, snorkeling, and hiking. Red Hook is less than a mile away for resturants and the ferry to St. John. Recommend highly a night out at nearby but hard to find Latitudes 18 for live music, friendly locals, and juicy hamburgers. The only thing that kept this from being a perfect vacation was not being able to find the Zip Lining place. Though only 8 miles away and allowing for one full hour, while the GPS said "now arriving" more than once, we could not find this business. We tried all 4 parts of an intersection with no luck, and it is hard to turn around on these unmarked roads. Regardless, if we return to St. Thomas, we'd stay at Secret Harbour and would ask for same room, just to play it safe.

Room Tip: We wanted ocean front but wanted to be away from restaurants. Building 3 and 4 are your best bets if that's what you want. Chose 3rd floor as we did not want to hear people above us and wanted to have a view of water and horizon. Your view will be obstructed if on ground level.
2  Thank Abrockway
MizManagementVI, General Manager at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.