Hotel U Kralovny Elisky
US$59
US$49
US$81
  • Room Service
Hotel Okresni Dum(Hradec Kralove)(Great Value!)
US$79
  • Restaurant
Hotel Vacek Pod Vezi(Hradec Kralove)
US$82
US$79
US$64
Priceline
Hotel Hurka(Pardubice)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrecommend this hotelbusiness tripfurniturerefurbishmentparking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2009

...okay so my room was cramped and the only window a small skylight? The shower and bathroom was modern EU, & the location in the heart of Old Town is superb. I took my evening runs through the square- with the snow falling and bells of the old Catholic Church ringing- the shop window lit up and a cup of mulled wine post run ...what could be better?

The third night - it was so cold I decided not to jog and headed to the spa. A small warm pool with my own personal lifeguard (spa supervisor included). What a unexpected treat.

And your choice of local Cz cuisine and restaurants- great food- and the price- foud US colleagues and five Czech colleagues for a four course meal with wine for under 120 Euros. Staff was very helpful and eager to please (as Czechs seem to be in the hotels I have stayed in. Great place to stay- and hope to return in the summer to enjoy a drink on the warm terrace.

Okay- bottom line- 16th century charming villa converted to a hotel with all the pluses (ambience and charm) and the minuses (cramped rooms with minimal outside light). Verdict- best place to stay in Hradec!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank HPM1984
Reviewed 25 January 2008

I stayed at this hotel in September. I moved here and my flat was not ready so I stayed at the hotel. It was very nice. It is clean and the staff is super helpful - even printing off maps to furniture stores to help me furnish my place. I often recommend my guests to stay here and I stayed here with pleasure. The food is good, a little deserted in the resto because locals know it to be more expensive.
If you go on the main square you will find some nice restos. COOK and LOOK for fast and fresh pasta, Sports Bar has good pizza and U rytre (spelling?) is a medieval style resto with fun ambiance and good food.
If you go down from the small square to your left you will find INFLAGRANTI one of the best restos in town. It is across the street from the court house. You can get the rosemary medallions and they bring it to you on a skewer over a flame, you need to see it to appreciate it. Very fun and delicious. I never forgot it.

I know about the pool situation mentioned by a reveiw below. It is true and I found out that there is supposed to be a sign telling people to wear swimming trunks in the pool. The sauna at this hotel is the best in town and it is open to the public. Many people go there and after sauna go nude into the pool. Not hygienic and not nice for unsuspecting tourists. If this happens look for a sign on the wall in Czech and point vigorously or question the staff. I think this public pool and sauna business is not the best and it is kept secret from the guests, So now you know. But truly , I would stay there again, it is a nice place.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank LidaSwan
Reviewed 28 April 2007

I lived in Hradec Kralove for 1 year and I highly recommend this town to visit. HK is lovely and affordable. I had my parents visiting for 2 weeks and booked them into this hotel. It is the best one in town, trust me I looked, talked to locals and visited other places so I know what I am talking about. First they put my parents into a small room at the top of the building with the slanting roof cutting through the ceiling. It was very low and uncomfortable. I was annoyed because this was a 2 week stay and they were making a nice chunk of money with us. It was out of season, so I am not sure why they did this.
My advice to travelers in the Czech republic is to be very vocal and not shy and you will get good service. Otherwise the people seemed oblivious and good customer service is a weak point outside Prague.
Anyhow, I asked for a better room and got it. The hotel is lovely inside with a beautiful inner courtyard that is encircled by the rooms. So you go out your room and look down all the way to the courtyard of the first floor. The resto was great, we ate there a lot and enjoyed it. Table service varied, some days great, some days strange. My husband got a drink poured on him and nothing really was done about this, no free drink or anything. We did get a good laugh about it though....
The biggest problem about my parents stay was the pool, or lack there of. I booked them there because I was teachimg during the day and they could spend some nice time at the pool. Well, the pool is closed during the day because it is rented out to a local daycare. I think this is not right because we pay for that service and here they are making more money and taking ours too and not letting us into the pool. My parents actually got kicked out from the poool by the daycare workers. So no pool during the day.
Then when they went back at night there were a bunch naked people in the pool! So they didn't feel comfortable then either, so basically there was no pool ever. We complained because we know that it is not normal just to go nude swimming anytime. In Hradec Kralove public pool you can but at clearly scheduled times.This is not a norm in Czech society according to my Czech friend who really laughed when I told them about this. This is a small hotel pool with tourists from all over the world. Many people feel it is culturally unacceptable to nude swim and a touristic hotel should know this. They certainly enforced the rules about wearing shower shoes at the pool , as my mom was told firmly by the lifeguard at the pool but it was okay to have no swim suit. So if you go to this hotel, you can expect spotty service, when it's good, it's great but when it is off it is really off and you cant really do anything about it.
I was glad I was there to stand up for my parents and it is so key not to be embarrassed to ask for the good service you expect.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Cles
Reviewed 11 April 2007

This may be an example of what a perfect hotel shoul be : one of the nicest location available in a pretty old town, a lovely renovation and superb maintenance, a quiet and comfortable room, a sparkling pool, a great breakfast with that staff that obviously is wishing to please. It does deserve its 4 stars.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank toutoute
Reviewed 15 November 2006

We arrived in this small town not knowing what we would find. We discovered a delightful traditional square and on one side was our Hotel. Access was a little tricky at they were relaying the setts in the square but we managed. Whilst the room was simple it had all the necessary features and a very good bathroom although the bath was only half length. The beds looked inappropriate for the style of hotel but turned out to be very comfortable. Good breakfast and friendly staff. A small pool was trialled and found adequate. The basement has a bar cum night club which was very quiet for a friday night . Perhaps the locals start partying after midnight?
Some good restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business