U Forta(Hrensko)
Hotel Labe(Hrensko)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Hawel(Hrensko)
Agoda.com
All reviewsunfriendly staffcredit cardbohemian switzerlandpravcicka branastart
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

First of all - it's a nice hotel in a nice location and we enjoyed our stay. But there were few disturbing things that I wouldn't expect in 4 stars hotel: no wifi in rooms, malfunctioning credit card payments, very small TV and quite unfriendly staff at reception.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2017

I was able to get a great room without a reservation because Hotel Hawel was mysteriously closed. This is a decent spot while you're hiking in the National Parks. Close to Pravcicka Brana and a 45 minute walk to Schmilke, on the German side of the park. The breakfast is free and the restaurant is open later than most others in the area. The rooms are large and comfortable. I wouldn't say this a 4 star hotel but it seems like the best option for the area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The Hotel Praha was nearly the end station of our hike through the Saxon and Bohemian Switzerland. First of all: If you are price oriented, thats it. For someone who knows the prices in Germany or other European Countries it is some kind of paradise when you cross the border to the Czech Republic. The best beers in the world cost just half the price, the room was cheap even when average and not 4 stars. Food is inexpensive. But....
We never had more unfriendly staff than there. There is no "How are you", no smile, just business as usual. Before reaching this station on our hike we had the feeling to be welcome guests. It took 10 minutes in this hotel to feel like "unwelcome". Anyhow: Food, drink and room was good.

Room Tip: The rooms in the upper floors are more quiet in the main season
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed in a room on a higher floor with a nice view over the river/canal. The room itself was comfortable, with a lovely bathroom (seemed to have been recently renovated?) and a deep bath which I enjoyed after so much hiking! The room had a very comfortable bed, plenty of storage space and a small fridge which was useful too. The mini bar was OK in price and had nice things.
The young man in reception was very nice and helpful, explaining everything quite well despite our language differences.
The meal I had in the restaurant (chicken schnitzel and potato pancakes) was actually very nice; fresh, succulent and with good flavour. You do have to purchase your sides separately from the main, which was a little odd, but I guess makes sense if you don't want to waste food people don't eat. The waitresses were friendly also.
The breakfast was very nice, plenty of options to suit most people and bread fresh. You could also take a muesli bar and fruit and bottle of water, which is handy for later in the day.
The hotel is not a four star though, the services certainly do not match that rating. It is basic and nice enough, but not coming with features that would enhance. It lacks credible wifi, which is a key issue for many travellers these days. We rely on wifi to keep in touch with the world, plan our next maps for hiking, etc. There was wifi in some areas, but you had to be lucky to get online. My room did not have wifi, which was not pleasing at all. The TV was small, had only black and white channels and local only. Very poor reception. Ok, I would expect that for this area, being in middle of the rocks.
Now for the rest: I walked from the boat up to the hotel, which was an easy and interesting walk. There are numerous bridges across the river/canal, so if you want to walk on one side or the other and change your mind, no problem.
I did not find the rest of the town particularly engaging; the tourist office was friendly and helpful, so that was nice. the location is lovely and unique. You can easily travel to and from by boat, which is fun. But the markets taking up what seems the whole town spoiled it for me. I completely understand that people need to make a living and I have no doubt that if you needed some new clothes, cheap cigarettes, vodka or garden gnomes, then you were going to be in luck! It is a pity they do take up so much of the town. but it is what it is.
The Hotel Praha is happily located away from all those markets and an easy stroll to the start of hiking trails and also you can choose which bus stop to walk to, upstream or downstream.
If I had to stay in Hrensko again, you know, I would probably choose Hotel Praha again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2016

Very good location close to Pravcicka Brana and gorges. You can leave your car on hotel parking and go to visite these places.
Good 3* hotel. Forget about 4*, maybe through the windows during cloudless night. Especially they should take care about food delivery during breakfast - almost everything I wanted to eat appeared after I'd taken something else or food was in not enough amounts :(.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple