See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Wonderful hotel, excellent staff, perfectly organised and very helpful to accommodate last minute requests for our business dinner. Hotel was recommended to us, were not disappointed. Hope to be back soon!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Spa_Marianske_Lazne, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Health Spa Resort Butterfly, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear guest.

Thank you for deciding on our Spa Resort Butterfly.

We very much appreciate the fact that you have taken time to appraise our services. Your opinion is very important to us.
We look forward to seeing you again in hotel Butterfly or at one of our other hotels in the company.

With our best regards,
Guest Relation manager

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Me and my friends spent 3 days in the hotel in May. All the stay was rellaxed with excellent service from the hotel staff! It was a great pleasure to be here and to relax in Mariánské Lázně. I can recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Petr Z, Generální ředitel at Health Spa Resort Butterfly, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for writing the review and I look forward to your next stay.
I wish you all the best and see you soon in hotel Butterfly.

Reviewed 2 December 2015

Loved this hotel! Beautiful and lots of amenities. Spent a lot of time in the spa. They have a dry sauna, jacuzzis, and mineral spa. The mineral spa was so nice and relaxing. Within close walking distance to the singing fountain and lots of shops in the area. There's a small bar in the lounge too. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Spa_Marianske_Lazne, General Manager at Health Spa Resort Butterfly, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2015

Dear Guest,
I wish you all the best and see you soon in hotel Butterfly.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We visited the resort of Marianske Lazne in mid September and chose the Spa Hotel Butterfly for lunch. It was an excellent bar lunch served in very comfortable surroundings. An extensive menu with various teas and coffees also available. It was so good we decided to return for dinner in the restaurant. There was a Buffet dinner available but we decided to select from the again extensive menu. The food was very well cooked and the presentation was top rate. On our second evening in the resort we returned - this time to be greeted by the hotel director who had noted our return visit. He explained that his staff has previously alerted him to the fact that British people were visiting the hotel and he wanted to ensure that we had a pleasant experience. He arranged for us to be given a window table and assured us his staff would look after us. After another excellent meal he returned to enquire if everything had been all right. Needless to say - it was. If you intend to visit this area, I heartily recommend the dining experience in this hotel. The prices are more than reasonable.

Room tip: Although we were not resident in the hotel, the public areas were clean, light and very well furnished
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Spa_Marianske_Lazne, General Manager at Health Spa Resort Butterfly, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for writing about the Excellent services in Hotel Butterfly.
I am very happy to hear about the quality of our restaurant and its offer – f.e.
Mushrooms Days in September. Every month we prepare special home made
culinary dishes. In October you can find special VENISON dishes.
For more information about the hotel please visit www.marienbad.danubiushotels.com

I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon in hotel Butterfly.

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

We arrived with our grand kids hoping to find a pleasant hotel to rest and relax in the supposed "Health Spa", this was not the entire case... Our arrival was extremely cold, with lack of sympathy and help, especially the receptionist who even dared to insult me, telling me to "not cry" when i was trying to find out what she was saying with her lack of english skill. I must also add that i've created this account solely to inform potential guests of how disappointing and almost depressing this hotel really is.

The service was probably the most disappointing aspect of everything, they are ALL incompetent, unprofessional, impolite and their lack of skill in european languages is impressively low in comparison to other hotels we visited in the area. The servants all have a high self esteem and prefer to be impolite rather than follow any instruction you give them.

The breakfast which was said to be "luxurious" was really quite the opposite. The service was no better than in the lobby, they did not serve drinks at the table and even tried to give me and my grand kids a lesson still being, least to say, unfriendly. The few servants that were present in the room were behind the bar, having conversations with each other. They also had very little choices in the food on the buffet which did not look appealing or even straight up disgusting.

The "Health Spa" which is even in the hotel name.... is something that i either could not find or did not exist. There was a swimming pool and a jacuzzi, the jacuzzi had 6 places 12 of which were taken by, to say the least, chubby, russians. We stayed 3 days in the hotel and the jacuzzi was 200% packed at all times of the day. And again, the bad service came to life at the swimming pool where the pool guard decided to make comment when she told me i was being too noisy when talking to my wife, she, of course, told me that in some sign language considering the fact that she couldn't speak english or french.

I know I'm a bit repetitive when it comes to the service but I cannot stress how useless they really are. The laundry service does not speak a word of english, in addition to that they are lazy. They did not clean our room for 2 days so we had to call the receptionist who was impolite again and seemed offended when i asked them to clean the rooms to the point where she HUNG UP ON ME before i could to tell her the room numbers.

The hotel advertises a few lies. The "temperature control system" is merely a heater which you cannot turn off hence making the room unbearably hot during a normal day or night. When opening the window to get air during the night you will hear the noise from the street which is impossible to sleep with. The wifi advertised is not available in the rooms, only in the lobby where it is still too slow to do any kind of work or entertainment.

The fitness room that i happened to try was more of just an empty room with a mirror considering that there were no weights and only 1 functioning machine (a bicycle) the other 3 were broken.

The hotel is not in proximity of the city centre... around half an hour walk.

In conclusion the hotel is certainly not a four star but more of a 2 star. Do not trust any photos you see as they are arranged and modified.
The stay here felt a lot like a retirement home.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Classy_fellow
Spa_Marianske_Lazne, General Manager at Health Spa Resort Butterfly, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comments and for the time you spend to write it.

Firstly I am very surprised to hear, about your stay in Danubius Health Spa Resort Butterfly. Our goal is to do our best for all clients spending their holiday in Marienbad. And believe me, in the great majority our guest are very satisfied with the services all around the hotel.

There are still few points, which I would like to comment and explain to you:
1. Your reservation was made online for 3 single rooms (1x Minirelax package and 2x bed & breakfast). This is clearly for 3 single persons. But you arrived with 5 people and were disappointed not to be expected in the right way. As the prices are given for persons and not for room, it was very natural that you had to pay for the 2 people, who were not booked at all.
2. You mentioned the language barrier in your letter, but during your stay the main language used was local Czech – as one person in your group was a native speaker. This also was the language used during the check in process
3. Service in the lobby – the lobby bar personal usually works patient and decently, all our quality measurements agree to this. In our hotels we act as ladies and gentlemen. If our guests prefer other type of behavior (e.g. putting their legs on the table) the staff is obliged to ask the guests decently not to do this,…
4. Breakfast – I believe the breakfast choice is on a high international level and I really hope, every guest can find what they would like to eat in the morning. We can happily serve our guests special dishes or dietary food as well, if they request.
5. Health Spa - firstly I would like to inform you that on the arrival the package with spa treatment Mini relax which contains of mineral baht, massage, CO2 gas bath, was canceled from your side and changed to bed &breakfast only. That means without any spa procedures.
Hotel Butterfly offers its guests a variety of spa treatments, has its own mineral spring for drinking cure and mineral baths, and also uses the unique Maria Gas, mud wraps and several types of massages and other treatments are offered (more than 50 different treatments). All treatment price lists are available in 4 languages at all receptions, in the lobby and of course in the information book in your room. Treatments can be booked a la carte at the spa reception, at the hotel reception or by the head nurse.
Swimming pool (12x5,5m), whirlpool and sauna is free for all hotel guests and can be used from 07.00 – 21.00 daily. And of course it can sometimes happen that the whirlpool is full. This is because our guests use this area very often.
We are very proud of being part of a successful group that can offer to the guests to visit 4 swimming pool areas with sauna and/or steam bath in the town within 5-10 walking distance. All this free of charge.
6. Housekeeping – As you claim about your rooms not having been cleaned, we checked the reports of the dates of your stay. Unfortunately the room maids, who wanted to clean the rooms were strictly told not to do so. It is true, that not everybody speaks fluent English in the hotel, but they are able to understand simple sentences.
7. Temperature Control system is a central system in the hotel and was turn on all the time. We will discuss this point with our technical department.
8. Wi-Fi – is available in the whole hotel working without any problem and is free of charge. We do not often have comments on it, but can help our guests with the adjustment of you tablet or mobile phone if we knew that you need help. Just for your kind information, we have a helpdesk working 24/7.
9. The hotel offers also possibility of a Fitness CORNER. There are just five fitness machines, which can be used free of charge. A modern fitness center with the most modern Technogym line and trainer can be used in one of our hotels, Danubius Health Spa Resort Centrální Lázně.appr. 7 minutes from our hotel. Also a free transfer can be arranged upon request. It is a modern and big Fitness center which can be used by all Danubius Guests. All these information are well posted directly in the fitness corner.
10. Position of the hotel: the hotel is situated on a main street in front of a park, not far from the Spa Colonnade - approximately 10 min. walk. Mariánské Lázně is a rather small spa town, with 14 thousand inhabitant altogether. The traffic is never too big, but as the hotel is situated in the center of the town at the main street, it is possible you will hear the traffic if you open the window.
11. Language barrier was mentioned in your letter several times. Please let me inform you about languages, spoken in our hotels. The main language is Czech and it is really great, one person in your group was a native speaker. Actually there should have been no misunderstandings. Other languages spoken are German, English and Russian. Several staff members do speak, French, Ukraine, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish and other languages, but these languages are not so often performed in Mariánské Lázně. Our company provides a hotel stay yearly for approximately 40 000 guests and many of them come back regularly and the communication is well working.
Even though I would like to thank you for your opinion about the language knowledge in the hotel. I will organize language courses for our staff in order to use English better.
12. Hotel photos and presentations - all photos, presented in prospects and on our web site were purchased in our hotel, without any modification. Please find all information here.

We are thankful for your long description and for all your comments on the staff, which we will take as encouragement and suggestions. We will build all these points into the staff training materials in the near future.

I would to thank you once again and wish you all the best

Best regards,