See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This place needs a lot of improvements. I choose this hotel only because of location - it's in the center of Marianske Lazne and it was very comfortable for us. Other than that- it is a total waste of your money. The interiors are old,the food is decent,all service is very poor and stuff is not friendly- never smile to you, never say "hello". Especially rude was the guy at the front desk (Peter). I asked him to use the phone just for one local call and he said "NO!" It was raining outside another day and I asked for umbrella - "NO!" I travel a lot and I can tell - it was my very first and only time to see such an unhelpful receptionist in all my life. Peter, if you're reading this review, please, be nice to people, because if tomorrow you don't have a customer's - you gonna loose you job!
Plain and simple.
I will not recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Šárka G, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Hotel Agricola, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear guests,

thank you for your review and at the same time we are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay at our hotel Agricola. You have written that the hotel interior is old. The hotel has been completely renovated and wellness is one of the largest and is the most modern equipped in Mariánské Lázně. We take your notification of staff behavior into consideration and we will draw consequences from it. At the same time we are sorry for your pronouncement about a receptionist called Petr. We have to inform you that anybody called Petr has never worked there. The phone box is available for guests so there is no reason why you could not make a phone call. There are also umbrellas freely available in the hall of the reception. You could have borrowed it anytime . We are constantly improving our services and it will be our pleasure to welcome you in our hotel again and persuade you of it.

With best regards
Sarka G. - Reservation Manager

Reviewed 15 February 2018

We spent with my boyfriend an amazing weekend in this place. Top services, beautiful nature, great town. It´s the best place to visit if you are in Czech republic. Specially many thanks to Agricola staff. We will visit you for sure again :)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Katharina S
Šárka G, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Hotel Agricola, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Madam / Sir,

thank you very much for your review. We are pleased, that you were satisfied with your stay in our hotel Agricola. We will be pleased, if you will choose our hotel for your next stay in Marianske Lazne.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

The hotel describes itself in its ads as 'traditional but fully equipped'. Basically, this is true. However, there are hints that the hotel actually may not quite deserve its four-stars: the hotel seems to require upfront payments; there is only one lift serving its six stories; the receptionists have obviously not been told that they may say hallo to their guests when they are coming in and going out.
On the other hand, our room (in fact, a suite) was all right, spacious and clean, overlooking a nice park and a portion of downtown Mariánské Lázně. It was not insulated from the corridor, though, so that we knew exactly when other guests were passing by. The beds are nicely high and the right softness.
The breakfast was quite all right, although monotonous. We appreciated it that fresh vegetables and fruits (which were cubed, for some reason?) were on offer. Coffee could be better, though.
The swimming pool is gorgeous and so is the sauna. Surprisingly, my wife and I often were the only visitors. Beside, our suite was fitted with a water massage tub - jets and bubbles. However, a shower screen panel that should make an integral part of the tub was missing (probably broken and never replaced?), as a result of which I slipped on the wet floor one morning. I cautioned the management by sending them an email and also by reporting the defect to the reception; however, nobody seemed to pay any real attention. Only the next evening I received an email from the management, saying they had been trying to contact me but had failed, 'although they left a message with the reception', The reception, though, never bothered to deliver it. The bathtub shower screen panel was not replaced, either, until our departure day.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

instead of one plus discussing the fact if IT would be possible to pay the following morning instead of immediately at the reception desk took an hour and half. The staff wasn't a 4-star staff at all. Lots of long faces, comments made about me I could hear, when I mentioned that they could smile a bit while welcoming a guest the girl at the reception said this is the way she usually looks and she's not going to give me an American smile, because that would be dishonest.
When I complained that the wifi didn't work in the reception area, the staff told me the wifi is free and I have to walk around to try and catch the signal. I walked all over the area, no signal. The manager that came to discuss the issue of paying the following morning instead of immediately told me to go to the supermarket to withdraw moje. When I complained about the non existen wifi, she said nobody wlse was having problems. When I showed her I couldn' t connect and asked if they had a computer for guests, she said they didn't. When I said she should deal with the poor wifi, she said she wasn't going to deal with it. I was sent to the second floor to catch some wifi signal.
When I asked to talk to the hotel manager, the staff said the manager is not going to talk to me.
I've never had to wait for over 1,5 hours for anything to het solved, I've never heard such rude comments....maybe the problem is I can understand the comments and they treat foreign guests better.
The double room was overpriced and reminded me of times long gone.
When I asked if the restaurant menu was in the room, the staff said they didn't have it. Mogically, I want to see if it's worth going to the restaurant first.
The sheets in the bed are polyester. The bathrobes are polyester as well. Very thin too. The TV set is outdated, the "satellite channels" consist of 9 Czech channels and 11 foreign channels.
There is no minibar, no coffee making facilities, no extra pillows or blankets.
And the "welcome drink" was served in a plastic cup. I am sorry I didn' t chose another hotel which would have offered more for only a tiny little but more money.
The welcome by the staff wasted a lot of my time. It ruined the entire afternoon for me. If I had another choice, I would have turned around and went somewhere else. I even considered sacrificing the whole cost of the stay.
I've stayed in quite a few 4-star hotels and have to say that even a 2 star hotel was way better than this. I experienced a journey back in time both in the style of the furnishings and the attitude of the staff.
They are paid for at least making one feel welcome and yes, if you hate your job,you have to pretend. Or find another job. Complaints about their boss to me would be a clear indication for me that they maybe shouldn' t be employed here.
The attitude shown to me by someone named "Veronika", who was downright rude to me was the worst of all. She was sent to talk to me as a manager. Now it' s clear to me who teaches the staff the manners.....
Never again.....

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2015

We stayed 2 nights with the family. The hotel room was clean and very nice and the spa tub was amazing! The staff were very helpful. The only negatives about the room is that the mattresses were very firm, in fact too firm for us and the doors have frosted glass which as a mom with 2 teenage boys did not offer much privacy. The breakfast was a nice European breakfast and the staff were very attentive. I also had a spa package and that was fabulous!! The hot stone massage, reflexology foot massage and poppy/hemp bath were very relaxing. There is wide array of services and I had a difficult time choosing, but what I had will definitely get me to go back and try some of the other options!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family