Situated just off Old Town Square, the hotel gives visitors easy access to many iconic locations on both sides of the Vltava. There are plenty of great restaurants, museums and bars on the doorstep. If you like in particular the Art Deco and Art Noveau side of Prague this is the district for you. Although the hotel has a modern decor, the service is very much old fashioned with a warm welcome and nothing too much trouble for the staff either day or night. We were upgraded to a suite because my fiancee was on crutches with a leg injury and the staff went out of their way to be helpful and kind throughout our stay. We would recommend choosing one of the many suites as this offers spacious and comfortable accommodation. We had a living room overlooking Tyn Church which was beautiful. The hotel itself has a large and airy reception much nicer than many of the more expensive hotels in the area. We stayed half board which was a luxury as all we had to do was turn up at the restaurant for lunch or dinner when we were ready. The restaurant offered a wide selection of European and 'modern' Czech cuisine which was good quality and well presented. One of the most striking features was the cleanliness of the rooms and public areas. There was also a choice of pillow types from feather to orthopaedic which was a nice touch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Barceló Old Town Praha is located in the heart of the historic city, in the popular Celetná street next to the famous Powder Tower which is the door to the Old Town of Prague. From there the Kings used to start the coronation ritual through the Royal Road towards the Prague Castle. Barceló Old Town hotel is set within a listed and completely renovated 17th-century building and combines a historic facade with modern amenities. Each of our 62 spacious elegant rooms, in 5 different categories welcomes you with calm and cozy atmosphere with comfortable beds, sober furniture and noble woods. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air-condition, flat-screen TV's and free Wi-Fi. With its ideal location, Barceló Old Town hotel is just a stroll away to some of the city's most popular sightseeing including Old Town Square, Charles Bridge, Hradcany Castle and the Astronomical Clock among others. The Palladium Shopping Centre is just a few steps and the luxurious Pařížská street, where all the most prestigious boutiques are, is just 5 minutes walking distance. To complete your experience, discover the magnificant Bohemica Old Town Restaurant specialized in Czech and International Cuisine, where you can enjoy some of the most traditional local meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Barcelo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Old Town Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Old Town Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Boutique Hotel Prague