Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from US$74.33
from US$48.38
from US$70.97
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2018

We have enjoyed the Christmas markets of Prague with our private guide Sarka. I recommend to try the Czech Christmas cookies, sweets and Mulled wine! But the "grog drink" was a bit too strong for me. :-) Our guide told us interesting stories about Prague history, Christmas customs and traditions. Prague is truly magic during the holiday season! Highly recommended.

Date of experience: December 2018
JanaM2329, Guest Relations Manager at Personal Prague Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2019

Dear samlynneca,

what a lovely words about our special Christmas Tour and Šárka.
Christmas markets are a key ingredient of the festive magic. The markets light up the city, bringing locals and tourists together in a true 'winter wonderland' setting. We are happy that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 27 November 2018

We spent over 3 hours with Lenka today and she was excellent. One of the best reasons for going on a tour at all, and especially on a walking tour with an experienced guide, is that they know so much more than just the memorized dates, names, etc. Lenka is a perfect example of this...before we started out we chatted about what we could accomplish in the time we had with her. The pace was comfortable with plenty of time for photos, a stop in a shop that had much beyond the typical tourist tchotchke and especially for Czech made products. Lenka showed us a couple of curiosities that I know we would never have found on our own (see, the insider info is valuable!), told us about typical Czech Christmas decorations, showed us street food, warned us to watch out for pickpockets, all in addition to a great tour through New Town, Old Town, the Jewish quarter, and walking over the Charles bridge and back. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: November 2018

Dear Facenac,

Thank you so much for your lovely words. You really made the best decision - to hire a private guide, that can show you all the hidden beauties of the city, but also its main attractions. We are glad that Lenka made your expectations and we hope that it was not your last visit to our country. There is so much more you can explore! :)

Reviewed 14 November 2018

Tereza met me at the hotel and we laid out a well organized tour for the day that would take me to the spots on my priority list and a few surprises thrown in! Tereza had recommended some things I could do the half-day before the tour that were close to the hotel and we reviewed how that went. She recommended our tour start at the Palace and we covered much of that compound before crowds developed--good move. Tereza shared much about the history of Prague, in excellent English, in a way that avoided overload with dates and excessive detail. She also shared many anecdotes about personalities and events that added interest to the tour. Thruout she was considerate of energy levels, needs for breaks, and walks through areas where the charm and beauty were restorative and calming. I also appreciated her willingness to talk about life in Prague, challenges of living in UNESCO heritage buildings, and interest in my life and experiences. We ended the day with her enthusiasm high and recommendations for even more Prague experiences. Delightful day, leaving me with an appreciation and affection for this beautiful city.

Date of experience: October 2018
JanaM2329, Public Relations Manager at Personal Prague Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2018

Dear nodeceiver,

thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to have Tereza in our team, she is amazing guide. All out guides are local people, who know so much about its history, culture and ordinary life as well. Therefore, they can share with you all the information that you do not find in any other guidebook. Thank you for supporting us.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

So happy we decided to do this tour our first day in Prague. Our guide Max was amazing. We booked him as a food tour without realizing we had a full buffet breakfast at our hotel that morning! He was very accommodating and happy to switch gears... and still showed us great places to eat later! He was so knowledgeable about Prague and answered all of my many questions about this magical city. He also pointed out many fascinating details of the city that the books and google won’t tell you that made the rest of our time there that much more enjoyable. Do the tour early on in your trip. It will make your stay that much better!

Date of experience: November 2018

Dear GetOurOfDodge2,

what a lovely words about Max and our company. You are right, the best way to enjoy Prague and get the most from the visit is to have a guided tours. Our guides show you the city, tell you its history and give you a lot of tips what to do for the rest of the stay. Thank you for supporting us.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Jana Kratka is an historian who knows Prague well. I hired her for 2 days, a total of about 10 hours, and she made my short trip to Prague SOOO much fun and informative. She even helped me get tickets to 2 different musical performances there - i could never have figured out how to do that on my own because it is so hard to read the language. We had lunch at an authentic restaurant and had "communist coca cola" - i'd never find that on my own - and local dishes i would not have known to order. Since she is a registered tour guide we skipped the long lines at many tourist sites. our time spent was efficient and i saw everything, learned so much from her. I even recommended her to my daughter who was visiting soon after me, and she and her pal loved Jana, too.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank JLVJourneys

Dear Julia,

we would like to thank you for your lovely review and thank you for choosing our company to show you Prague. Jana is the key guide for us and we are happy that she met your expectations. Only local guides know the secrets of Prague and are happy to share it with our clients. Like to taste kofola - the communistic coca cola. :)