“Very good vietnamese food”
Review of Song Lam - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Song Lam
Price range: US$1 - US$88
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Description: Sông Lam Restaurant as the only one of its kind in the center of Prague targets to give to our customers an idea of traditional Vietnamese cuisine, which is one of the healthiest cuisines in the world. It`s based on simple foods with varied, but harmoniously balanced pick of ingredients. Main dishes are primarily variations of spring rolls NEM RAN and NEM CUON, noodle soups PHO and BÚN and meat dishes prepared in many ways. Most of the dishes are prepared with fresh herbs and vegetable. We believe, that our truly miscellaneous pick of dishes will surpass your expectations.
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Just long trip and found out VN food. The restaurent had nice food also beer, the asmotphere also good with smooth music.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a comment to the over-enthusiastic other comments which made us cross all Prague to go to this completely anonymous place, which looks like a crap chinese. The food is decent (and viet) and freshly made but that's really all there is to it.... We've been to many other viet rests in europe, and this one is not deserving any particular mention, at least according to us. Strange how someone can consider it the best viet outside vietnam.

4  Thank caterino
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Arrived at the restaurant at 10pm, was seated and given the menus. After barely even skimming through the menu, we were rushed into making a decision on our order. When picking we were told half the food we wanted was not available, and we ended choosing food that really wasn't what we wanted. One main course arrived along with my partners starter, when asked where my starter the waiter replied, "Being prepared." That was the end of the conversation. However unlike my partner's meal, mine was delicious, I had the pho, which I would thoroughly recommend. Overall the food was hit and miss, however the service was awful and I would advise to make sure you eat early there, as the staff seem impatient to close up.

1  Thank Rupert B
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Vietnamese food is our favourite & we weren't disappointed in the Song Lam restaurant. The service is good & we noticed the staff were very helpful towards customers who weren't sure what to order. It isn't an extensive menu but what there is, is good. They also do proper Vietnamese coffee which was fantastic!

Reviewed 23 June 2012

After many authentic meals in Prague, I had a craving for Asian foods. After reading good reviews here on tripadvisor, I went to Song Lam and was not disappointed. I had crispy spring rolls with Pilsner Urquell (local beer) and a bowl of Pho noodles with beef. All were excellent. They did not have choices of meet in Pho like other authentic Vietnamese restaurants but that was OK by me. No bubble tea or typical Vietnamese coffee in the menu. I thought it was odd but I was satisfied with the cold beer especially it was quite a hot day the day I visited. Highly recommended.