“Worst foreign Vietnamese restaurant I've been to”
Review of Song Lam - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Song Lam
Price range: US$1 - US$88
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Description: Sông Lam Restaurant as the only one of its kind in the center of Prague targets to give to our customers an idea of traditional Vietnamese cuisine, which is one of the healthiest cuisines in the world. It`s based on simple foods with varied, but harmoniously balanced pick of ingredients. Main dishes are primarily variations of spring rolls NEM RAN and NEM CUON, noodle soups PHO and BÚN and meat dishes prepared in many ways. Most of the dishes are prepared with fresh herbs and vegetable. We believe, that our truly miscellaneous pick of dishes will surpass your expectations.
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

This is the worst foreign Vietnamese restaurant I've been to; ice coffee was bland must of been stale. Their dipping sauce was shocking no flavour at all. Mains I ordered was pork chop broken rice style, out came pork ribs.. wtf.

1  Thank thd007

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Dissappointed after reading some of the prior TA reviews. The fresh Spring Rolls were filled almost entirely by thin noodles with a speck of shrimp, and no other veggies or sprouts. The Pho Bo was quite plain, with only one type of beef (no traditional mixture of cuts, tendons etc.), a very little veggie, with no customary extra bowl of leafy veggies and sprouts etc. to add to the bowl. We did find the pork and legume dish to be flavorful, but it was too small and rice was extra. Wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.

Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Just long trip and found out VN food. The restaurent had nice food also beer, the asmotphere also good with smooth music.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a comment to the over-enthusiastic other comments which made us cross all Prague to go to this completely anonymous place, which looks like a crap chinese. The food is decent (and viet) and freshly made but that's really all there is to it.... We've been to many other viet rests in europe, and this one is not deserving any particular mention, at least according to us. Strange how someone can consider it the best viet outside vietnam.

4  Thank caterino
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Arrived at the restaurant at 10pm, was seated and given the menus. After barely even skimming through the menu, we were rushed into making a decision on our order. When picking we were told half the food we wanted was not available, and we ended choosing food that really wasn't what we wanted. One main course arrived along with my partners starter, when asked where my starter the waiter replied, "Being prepared." That was the end of the conversation. However unlike my partner's meal, mine was delicious, I had the pho, which I would thoroughly recommend. Overall the food was hit and miss, however the service was awful and I would advise to make sure you eat early there, as the staff seem impatient to close up.

1  Thank Rupert B