1,128 results
All reviewsrooftop terraceastronomical clockblack angels barold town squarejunior suiteoverlooking the squarefamous clockbeautiful hotelchristmas marketperfect locationshort breakhotel restaurantvisit praguecharles bridgeyogurtcellarrooftops
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We stayed at the Hotel U Prince for 2 wonderful nights. It's right in the Old Square where there is lots of activity, but our room was quiet and comfortable, and quite large I might add. Comfy bed after a long day of sight seeing. The breakfast is quite nice with a huge array of savory and sweet, hot and cold -- more than enough to prepare you for the miles of walking you will do that day. Very attentive staff. The Dark Angel Bar is like a step back in time. The staff are very knowledgeable about the menu. I loved the hotel and recommend it to those who want to stay in the middle of the action. Astronomical clock is literally steps away to help give you an idea. We were there during the Easter markets which provided entertainment, lots of delicious sweet and savory options, and the beer. Well, it's not hard to find beer in Prague. The hotel is older, of course, but with all modern amenities.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Julie,

Thank you very much for sharing this lovely comment on our TripAdvisor page.

I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic experience and that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel during your stay, including fantastic breakfast and The Black Angel´s Bar. Prague is indeed very magical during the Easter season.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Hotel U Prince soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Probably not the cheapest restaurant in Prague, but with prices similar to an average English restaurant well worth a visit. The food is excellent as is the service and the ambience (we ate indoors). So good we went back a second time.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for sharing this review on our website.

I am most pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel U Prince soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We went in search of this place as it was listed as 'the most romantic view in Prague' in the guidebook. It took some time to find it - you have to go through the hotel and take the lift to the top. It was a cold afternoon but the Terrace has a glass roof and sides with numerous heaters so was a welcome place of warmth. The service was good and the drinks/food met expectations but the exceptional aspect is indeed the view over the rooftops.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Chris,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us on following your stay.

Needless to say, I am most delighted to read that your visit with us was such a successful one. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, maybe for an overnight stay.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

The staff were rude except for a few of them. The first day we arrived at 9am, the room wasn't ready but they did not allow us to have breakfast. At least, we reserved the chauffeur service ( at payment 32€) for the airport and the chauffeur arrived with a 10 minutes delay without even apologizing. This is not the service of a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: April 2017

Dear dariareni,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay on this website.

I was extremely sad to learn that your time with us was quite so disappointing, and most of all that you did not have a good time. I would like to apologise for the chauffeur being delayed.

Furthermore, I would like to now inform that check in starts at 3 pm in the afternoon. If you wish to check in earlier (before 3 pm), we always recommend our guests to preregister their room at extra cost. This is the only way how we can guarantee a check in that early in the morning. However, I believe this information has been written on your confirmation.

In regards to your comment about breakfast, breakfast was indeed included in your room rate, however you are entitled to have it after your first night the following date. I am sure that my colleagues informed you that you can certainly have a breakfast at an extra cost that morning.

I wish you all the best during your future travels.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Such a great view from the roof terrace. One half is under glass, but the best views are on the side without a roof! Blankets are provided and are welcome when it;s a bit chilly.

We started with a cocktail, which were well made.

The mains were well cooked. My husband had a steak and I had a meat skewer. We finished with a tiramisu, not the best I have ever had, but edible and my husband had an ice cream, again tasted ok, but looked better in the picture.

Service was ok, but did have to ask the same waiter for a blanket three times, When our hotel rang to book a table for us, they were told they were fully booked for the roof terrace, but we popped by on the off chance and they did have space!

Room Tip: Book for a roof top table
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear AMANDA b,

Thank you very much for your visit and for spending your valuable time on writing the review.

Reviews like yours are one of the best rewards for our hard work and at the same time an encouragement into our future effort. Even though you were able to get a table on walking basis, I would still like to recommend other travellers to make a reservation in advance due to its popularity, especially during spring and summer times.

We look forward to serving you again.