1,140 results
All reviews rooftop terrace astronomical clock black angels bar old town square junior suite overlooking the square famous clock beautiful hotel christmas market perfect location top floor short break hotel restaurant visit prague charles bridge yogurt cellar
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Super reception. Gorgeous room. Superb location. All great so far. But......later in the day we went to the bar and asked for 2 glasses of white wine. Only Chardonnay available. Ok. The wine was so off it was unsinkable. How can that be the only white wine the hotel bar had to offer. The bar would also not serve ordinary water. Instead it had to be mineral - still or sparrkling. Bar staff were bored and dusinterested. More annoying was the appalling attitude of the ice cream vendor outside the hotel and I believe affiliated to the hotel. Rude rude rude. Without the exact change he refused to sell his icecream. No apology just rudeness. I will NOT buy an icecream from there again despite the lavish choice. Others deserve the custom more. As well located as the hotel is and as quaint and historic as it us I hope we have not made a mistake by staying here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michaela B, Managing Director at Hotel U Prince, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Jenny F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review during visit at Hotel U Prince.

Ms Jenny, I do not understand why you did not come and talk to one my colleagues, Managers on duty, at the first place and did not informed them what has not been living up to your expectations. My colleagues on duty only found out about the issues mentioned in your review the following day in the morning from a TripAdvisor website. Our Manager on duty, Michal Stříbrský, came to your room the same day and tried to discuss things in detail. As a compensation, you were offered a bottle of white wine which you kindly accepted. I understood, that our receptionist, Jarka, has tried to talk to you on several occasion to make sure everything was up to your satisfaction.

I wish, you could have come to us first, before writing this review. I wish you all the best during your future travels.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Just back from 4 days in Prague and it really is a beautiful city. Hotel u prince is right in the beautiful square but that's the one and only good thing I can say about this hotel rooms are small and cramped breakfast is average and prices are extortionate you will pay on average 4 to 5 times the price here as compared 2 a 5 min walk around the corner e.g. a glass of wine was around £13 a glass and just a short walk away you'll get 1 in a very nice place for £1.80 can't say much about the food or service as we didn't eat here and only had one drink our whole stay because of prices I don't mind paying a bit extra in a hotel but this place just goes beyond that .On check out they offered to get us a taxi to airport we said" it's ok we'll just walk round and get one" receptionist was insisted please we would like to do this for you as this was the first nice thing any off the staff had offered to do for us we said ok ...big mistake as they brought us in they own car and charged us 250 czk more than taxi .I sent an email to complain they emailed back to say it was a chauffeur driven car ??? And here's me thinking all taxis where as I say Prague is beautiful and square is beautiful but would give this place a miss .

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Marina G,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit at Hotel U Prince. I am very sad that you only enjoyed the location.

I am sorry that many things did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us, it is the way we can improve. Once again, thank you for sending us your feedback. I wish you all the best during your future travels.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

A great rooftop restaurant and bar. One part open air and the other with glass walls/ceiling. Great food and a nice cosy feel. Most European dishes are on the menu and they have a great selection of wine.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank oxjay

Dear oxjay,

Thank you for reviewing Terasa U Prince. I will pass your review to my colleagues from Terasa U Prince.

I hope we will be able to welcome you to Hotel U Prince one day.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This hotel is a treasure in the heart of the Old Town. Traditional decor. The porter Milan is the most important asset in the hotel and goes to great lengths to make your stay an exceptional experience. He patiently sorted out a lockout we had caused, and at the same time hauled luggage up and down the square. We stayed in apt 3, wonderful balcony views, huge (4 rooms), well equipped, and cheaper than a normal room in the hotel. Breakfasts were ample and had something for everyone. Wi-Fi was strong. One minor flaw-the rooftop restaurant has spectacular view but only mediocre food. Too bad. This hotel should be your first choice to stay.

Room tip: Apartment 3 is 200 meters away, 2 balconies, spacious (4 rooms) and better value than the hotel rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lilia C,

Thank you for your wonderful review about the Apartment by Hotel U Prince. I am thrilled to hear that you truly enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay with us from the apartment itself to the service provided by Milan. He is really a fantastic team member, always going the extra mile for our guests. Rest assured I will share your comments with the entire team and mention him as a great example. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel U Prince in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We went to U Prince, they had another hotel very close by. It was magical ,like stepping into the past with a beauitful painted ceiling, comfy bed. The guy who handled our bag was so nice and caring, making sure we dont run into any tourist traps. Very well established, and excellent breakfast and food.

Room tip: Pick their other hotel in the back
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lilia C,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that you truly enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay with us from the hotel decor and the service provided by one of our bellboys. Rest assured I will share your comments with the entire team. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel U Prince in the very near future.