All reviews antique furniture charles bridge vaulted cellar prague castle old town mala strana two single beds pushed together the main hotel historical building deluxe room quiet area few minutes walk excellent location the ground floor within walking distance no lift lovely hotel
Reviewed 10 May 2018

The hotel is in a great location in Mala Strana (Lesser Town), with many attractions just a short walk away e.g. 1 min to Wallenstein Palace Gardens (free entry), 6 mins to Vrtba Garden, 7 mins to Lesser Town Bridge Tower on Charles Bridge, 15 mins to Prague Castle, 17 mins to Hanavsky Pavilon in Letna Park (I didn't eat there but went just outside it for amazing city / river views). The hotel is on a quiet street which is a nice escape after spending so much time surrounded by people while exploring the city.

The hotel itself is a lovely historic building and we were lucky to be upgraded to a suite for free when we checked-in. The rooms were very clean and fitted with historical furniture and there were nicely painted wooden beams on the ceilings. The suite included plenty of clothing storage space, a TV, safe, fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast was served in a nice old cellar and there were a few cold food options but not many hot food options (included eggs each day though). The staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our experience and would definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I would love to stay again in Hotel Waldstein, it's an old hotel built in 1897, furniture are really antiques which gives an amazing taste and feeling, I told the owner that I would love to live in this room forever :).
The location of the hotel is so convenient, 5 minutes walk to Charles bridge.
I forgot my Tshirt in my room, I sent them an email informing them that I will collect it in 20 days when I come back, Mrs Alena replied in 5 minutes and told me that she has my tshirt and will keep it at the reception for me:)
Thank you so much for the lovely stay.
Ahmed - Egyptian in UAE

Room Tip: great location with a good price
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Ahmed I
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I and my mother and in the end my son were very glad to stay in this hotel. The rooms we had were relative simple but pittoresk. The breakfast had what we need. Very helpful and good personal. Mrs. Marie helped us a lot when we need an extra night due to injury in a handball cup.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I was with a school group of 17 and for us the hotel was perfect. it is a couple of minutes walk from Charles Bridge, various shops and restaurants and Malostranka metro and tram stops. it was a quiet location and offered a varies breakfast. The reception staff were helpful. The rooms suited our needs fine and were well-priced. if you are a teacher with a group, ask for Room 3. then the students cannot leave the hotel without you knowing as they have to pass your window!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Great authentic hotel minutes away from the Charles Bridge. If you”re tired from typical hotel rooms and same hotel lobbies, this is the place for you. All rooms are named after someone, have wooden bed and original decor. We stayed at a suite with two separate rooms at the top floor. This would be a great solution for a family with two kids. Breakfasts are really good, served at the ground floor with brick walls. Staff is very helpful and polite, ready with everything you need. Hotel has its private parking where you can leave the car. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a visitor, who are looking to explore the old city.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family