“Needs improvements at these prices.”

Pension Dientzenhofer
Ranked #71 of 365 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2016

The room price I paid must reflect the location (I guess), because otherwise, the price was not justified by what is supplied. While undoubtably the location is brilliant being in the Mala Strana just a short walk from the river, The Charles Bridge and a tram line, with easy access to restaurants & convenience shops, I suspect better is available in the same area.

The pension is tucked away in a quiet corner on a narrow cobbled street away from traffic, with no obvious views. They arranged a very efficient taxi from the airport and it would have been very hard to find otherwise. The staff were pleasant though understanding of English was limited at times; breakfast was good and as expected, but breakfast room too small for the numbers of residents all at once. WiFi really only worked in close vicinity of the office lobby & breakfast room. The rooms were adequate but dated and rather down at heel and furnishings were a bit ad hoc and looked second hand. The TV was a small old wall mounted tube set but had international channels. I could see through my bath towels and the double bed was made with two single sheets arranged crosswise ! The pillows were so soft as to be almost no use, and the only bedding supplied was a quilt so heavy and hot it needed two arms to lift it. My request for a blanket was not met, so my nights were spent either getting chilled or cooked.

I was not unhappy at Pension Dientzenhofer, but felt it was overpriced for what was supplied. Some money needs to be spent on this place in most aspects.

Room Tip: Frankly, I think you would find better in the same area if you looked.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 July 2015

Although Pension Dientzenhofer is in an ideal location, and has large comfortable, although shabby rooms, our visit was spoiled by the attitude of the staff and the substandard breakfasts.
When we arrived my husband was in urgent need of a toilet but the young man checking us in cruelly refused to tell us where it was (it was just around the corner) until we had checked in and given him our credit card.
After we ate one breakfast there, we went out for breakfast for the next three days.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maryporterh
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

We arrived in a Group of 12 persons and distributed in 2 bedroom for 4 Pax and 2 Double room. I was distributed in the 4 Pax room, was a clean big room with a seperated kid room with 1 kid bed & sleeping Sofa , unfortunately i got a sleeping Sofa as my bed for 3 Nights . The room is clean although the bathtowel is already over used, they change the beddings & towels after 2 Nights . What i just surprised the mini Bar is inside the bathroom . The Staffs are friendly but dont speak english.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2015

Huge rooms with TV and a minibar, comprising a private bathroom with a bathtub and provided with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Clean and so like home. Free breakfast is so helpful to start your day at this beautiful place, plus the service was so helpful.The lady helped us with the maps and her experience for Prague. she helped to get us cab to aiport too.
i loved this place. This hotel is totally worth the money, and it is not very costly, infact nothing is costly in prague in czk...:D

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2014

A more delightful place to stay I cannot imagine. It's the quiet side of the river and within easy reach of Charles Bridge for the other side. It has very good restaurants nearby as well as countryside alongside the Castle and overlooks a park. Family-run, comfortable and a most pleasant experience. For my needs I would look no further.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family