Metamorphis
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Miss Sophie's Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$114
Agoda.com
US$125
US$118
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeer spaold town squaregreat locationcellar restaurantsmall squarechurch bellslarge bathroomtop floorwooden beamsno elevatoroverlooking the squareastronomical clockcoffee tableinner courtyardmain buildingdouble windowsthird floor
Reviewed 8 January 2013

As already mentioned this Hotel is located in the heart of the old town, approx. 100 yards behind Our Lady of Tyn. I visited during the Christmas market and yes, it was cold. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. The Hotel entrance is confusing with the front desk in a separate bldg. from many of the actual rooms. My room was on the third floor. It was large, clean and had character. The bathroom was huge and had many amenities. Breakfast was in a rest. in the basement and was all you could eat, typical of the area. In all this was a very good choice, my only complaint was that I had reserved some time in advance in order to assure a room with a view . Other than that I have no complaint.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The location would be tough to beat. It is right off of the Old Town Square. We stayed right before Christmas and the proximity to the market was great.
Our room was cavernous. We had plenty of space for a small family of 3. The bathroom was much more spacious than we have come to expect in Europe. It had plenty of hot water as well.
I recommend getting breakfast along with the room. The breakfast area is nicely laid out and a wide variety of food is offered. The buffet area is a little cramped, especially during peak times. But if you are early or late there is no problem.
Service was prompt and professional. The front desk staff helped us find our way to destinations and arranged for transportation. I would definitely consider staying here again.
Recommend getting a courtyard view if possible. Our room was street-side and the late-night revelry woke us up (between 3 and 4am). Though it was so cold (and raining) when we were there the noise did not persist for long.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard view if possible, stay away from the street.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda235
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

The location is excellent!
Beatiful rooftop room. Sweet design and amazing bathroom!

There is a small lift that can contain no more then 2 people, but its ok because thr building is 3 floors high.

The breakfast is in a basement of a restorant and its very good!

Recommended for everyone!

1  Thank Or Y
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We booked this hotel for the second night of a 2 night stay in Prague, having run screaming from our original hotel.
Word of advice: Hotel Grand Europa, just don't...

All I can say is absolute heaven. It was the total antidote to our horrendous first night in the other hotel. The staff are just wonderful - smiley, helpful, friendly - and the room oozed luxury & comfort. In fact it was a real effort to leave the room & go see Prague!

The location is perfect, a short stroll from the Old Town Square, & the hotel restaurant is very reasonably priced & yummy!

I had the best night's sleep I'd had in a hotel in a long time. And the breakfast was great.

This is my new favorite place in Prague, & we shall certainly be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Perfect location right next to old town square. Prague was FREEZING but the room was super cosy and warm with under floor heating. The buffet breakfast has everything you need and is constanly benig refreshed. Staff were wonderful, all spoke perfect english and were very helpful and attentive.
The rooms are all very quaint with big chandaleirs and the room itself was much larger than other hotels I have stayed in, big enough for my mother and I to share the room but still cosy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family