All reviews nice balcony tv set wifi signal metro stop underground station recommend this hotel yogurt ac location city elevator channels corridor toilet
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I spent a beautful weekend with my fionce in this hotel. The hotel Karlin is situated in part of Prague called Karlin, it is very calm and nice part of the city. Nearby is underground station "Krizikova", but we walked from underground station "Florenc" ( it tooks about 10 mins ), because it is a underground lines crossing station and you can take there train to more directions. The historical city centre is approximettly 15 mins from hotel by foot. At groundfloor is located a separeate restaurant, I think it si called Amphora, where you can get good daily menu at price 4 - 5 euro, breakfast was included in price and took place in mentioned restaurant at very good level.
We had room at the top floor but there is very modern lift that was always ready. The room was surprise, there was a small corridor and you enter the bedroom and bathroom from this corridor, it was absolutly clean and furniture looked well. If I went to Prague I would like to always stay there. I recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomasVVV
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed for 4 days.
Staff were friendly. Room was good; clean, new furniture, free wi-fi, TV.
Location is very close to the center , 15min walking.
Breakfast was good, but I didn't like that was the same every day, no variety.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Gordana B
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Pros :
Location (500m to Florenc station, tram station 100 m away)
Price (paid 60 euro for 2 p + child, breakfast included)
Breakfast --> good choice,
Room : clean and quite big with a huge terrasse ! ! (Room No 19)

Cons
No air conditioning ( It was known to us of course) - It was 35 degrees last week end (18-aug-12) in Prague and 27 in the room - When we asked at the reception if they had a fan we could borrow (we have a 3 months old daughter) we were kinda laughed at in a rude way! Like why do you need a fan as it's only 30 degrees !!

And that links to my second "Cons", the person working the nite shift on that week end was, let's put it this way, a pr*ck...
Would I return to this hotel ? probably for the location (I Like the Karlin area in Prague) but defo not for the staff working that week end

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

If you're looking for an inexpensive hotel in this area of town you couldn't do much better than the Karlin. Recently refurbished and immaculately clean and comfortable. Friendly, helpful staff. Much better than the Ibis hotel up the road - where I spent a night before switching to the Karlin - and it's cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have stayed there in May 2012 and chose the hotel for the central location and affordable price. Many restaurants in walking distance. Certainly not a 5 star property but as good as it gets for the reasonable price. Location is excellent with about 10 minutes walk into the city center (1 tram station). Very friendly and helpful staff. Wireless internet is free and fast enough. TV set is small and basic. 2 German channels, the rest is in Czech. A good and reasonable restaurant is on the bottom floor. If you arrive with heavy luggage, the elevator is helpful. Defiantly a very good option for anyone not prepared to spend a fortune on accommodation but still in a central location.

Room Tip: Take rooms facing the back. The hotel is located on a main road. No excessive traffic but many tram lines.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo