Red Chair Hotel
  • Restaurant
Unitas Hotel(Prague)
Aurus(Prague)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschoco cafecharles bridgeold towngreat locationquiet streetyogurtwithin walking distancefriendly hotelrecommend this hotelno air conditioninghotel locationmajor attractionsvisiting praguethe main squareairportcitycheese
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This is a simple and unpretentious but nice and ideally located B&B. We spent 2 nights there and we were very happy about the room, the location and the price! We would go back there no problem and would recommend it to anyone looking for a simple but nice place where to spend a touristic weekend in Prague.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We were so happy with our stay in Prague! We were taking a trip through Europe and we weren't sure about Prague but, I am so glad we kept it on the itinerary. The city is beautiful and the people are incredible. The staff at the Red Chair felt like long lost friends! They gave us fantastic restaurant recommendations and were so kind and courteous. I think it was probably our best stay on the trip. We ended up in a room larger than we had booked (which after some closet sized rooms in other cities was such a nice feeling). The bathroom was nice and large and clean, as was the room. They had a little refrigerator in the room (which none of our other budget hotel rooms came with) as well as a safe. The recommendations on this hotel are good for a reason - it is FANTASTIC!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The red chair hotel is a special place that I consider like home. It is quiet and very confortable, the position is unique, in the centre of the city so you can reach everything by 5 minutes walking. The staff is very nice and always ready to help you for any needs. I would really reccomend this hotel to have a great experience in Prague.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed three nights at the Red Chair hotel and I have to say that it's one of the best places I've ever stayed at, anywhere in the world. Just before moving into Red Chair, I had stayed a night at a fancy star hotel nearby, and Red Chair beat it hands down.
The location is fantastic - just a few minutes walk from Charles Bridge, and a nice stroll to the Jewish quarter, Old Town square and even Wenceslas Square. There are great restaurants and bars nearby (a superb blues bar right next door and a lovely chocolate cafe too), and if you want to take the metro, the stops are a few minutes walk.
My room was spotlessly clean and very cosy, the staff at the reception were unfailingly polite, friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet was generous and tasty and overall, the feeling was that of a family-run guest house rather than a hotel.
I highly recommend this place to anyone travelling to Prague, and I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pchaterji
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The Red Chair Hotel is a rare and special place where the resident manager and his staff treat guests as they would treat a friend; in an honest and caring way. Every single non-touristy suggestion provided, be it for a pub, restaurant or activity turned out to be amazing. Moreover, they were truly interested in obtaining my feedback every time I returned from one of their suggested place. With regards to the the room, I was pleasantly surprised that both the room and bathroom are slightly bigger than the usual European (small) standard. The bathroom is not only ample in size, but is also renovated - there was lots of hot water and even a towel warmer. To boot, a continental breakfast is included which had a big selection of cold and warm options. I will definitely return to the Red Chair when in Prague !

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear courtyard are quieter. I preferred to hang out in the lobby getting valuable advice from the people at the front desk.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends