“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Residence Bene

Residence Bene
Ranked #254 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Residence Bene as I've got one of the bigger rooms. I found the staff at reception very helpful and very polite and speaks good English.
My room was clean and quiet at night, the bathroom is quite small but it was clean and equipped with a hairdryer.
Very good location, close to the biggest shopping centre in Czech - Palladium, 5-minute walk to metro Republiky and to the Municipal House & Powder Tower. There are a couple of tram stops across the road from Residence Bene. If you want to go to the Prague Castle, take no. 8 to Mala Strana, then no. 22 to Pražský hrad. One of the trams goes to the train station, a very convenient location.
I travelled on my own and felt quite safe at night around the area.
However, I could see why some people have complained about the towels, they really were hard! They were definitely clean just weren't very comfortable against the skin.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheila K

Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

The ideal hotel if you want to be near the centre of the city, it takes only 5 minutes to get to the "little Paris" or 10 minutes to walk to the Cathedral. If you want to go to a nice restaurant or to a bar you don't need to walk too far from the hotel. Rooms are nice and tidy, big and clean bathroom, excellent breakfast included in the price, really nice staff, free wifi and also computers at the reception in case you don't have any device. For us it was a really good price for a 3 person room.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Great place, good price, nice people!
Me and my 2 other friends had a nice time on Praga, the hotel was very good.
We arrived without Kc (prague money), and they change there too.
The hotel is very close to subway, and is possible to do something walking too.
there are nice places around too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natzpc
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Had booked a quad room with my friends. Reception staff is very friendly and help you with everything, no need to go to tourism office. Rooms are slightly small but good for backpackers and bachelors. No street noise. While we were there wifi did not work in Prague 1 making us to rely on cafetaria wifi. Finally, a small and comfy hotel with stomach filling buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Tanzim B
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The place I’d recommend my friends to go! We stayed there for several nights and mostly it was just a place to rest our feet or take a nap. As I had read the other comments before booking I knew to expect harsh towels and a lousy breakfast, but only half of it was right!
The breakfast was really satisfying, we didn’t ate out in the mornings even tough at first we expected to. I ate mostly cereal (you can choose from corn flakes, cocoa balls and muesli) and sandwich (every morning 3 different ham and 2 different cheese), and that’s what I do at home too. But if it’s not enough, you can always visit some of the many restaurants or cafés near Bene, because the location is just great and the prices are mostly reasonable!
About the towels – it was even beyond I expected, I didn’t knew something that awful can ever exist. So I’d reccommend to take your own with you. The other down side was the hairdrier – it was quite slow, but hey, i didn’t expected to have it at first place. Our room looked quite tired, but it was clean and had all the things we wanted.
To take it all up we were very pleased to stay at Bene. We loved the location, the breakfast, the fridge and the wifi. Thank you Bene!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple