“Lots of beer!”

Malostransky Hostinec
Ranked #569 of 5,854 Restaurants in Prague
Neighbourhood: Malá Strana (Little Quarter)
Neighbourhood: Malá Strana (Little Quarter)
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Beautiful inside and out, this restaurant is on one of Prague's many squares, this one is across Charles Bridge and up the hill a little towards the castle. We decided to stop for a breather - and a beer or three - to shelter from the snow as the daylight was fading. We sat outside under the awning and heat lamps and dried out as we warmed up.
It was only then that we realised that this place had an enormous range of excellent beers on offer and I think this is what kept us there!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

More or less everything was ok with the food and drinks but when we wanted to pay the waiter got upset that we wanted to pay separately with card. He strongly suggested tipping at least 10%. I went with him to pay with card and he showed me the options on the machine that I should select between giving 10, 20 or 30% tip. When I told him I only want to give 5% he got agressive about it and started to ask me where I am from.

I find this kind of aggressive service unacceptable. I will definitely not come back ever again and not suggesting this place to anyone.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We ate Beef Goulash and Chicken Suprime. Both were very good. The chicken was perfectly good! Prices were normal Prague standards.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice setting, comfortable with terrace. If it s appear that it would be small, you re wrong, I side there is huge beautiful place underground where you find two beautiful to get rest and very good food.
A must if you want to have a break close to the historical place of Prague.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Went here with friends for lunch, and the place was really nice! However, I struggled to find anything I could eat as a vegetarian, which was disappointing. The service was quite slow as well, and the waiter had a really hard time understanding English. Not impressed overall at all.

1  Thank Rishi S