All reviewscity centrea standard double roomplenty of storageno air conditioningreception staffrailway stationkitchenettebedroom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

A good hotel really nearby the city centre, the girl behind the counter was really lovely i forgot her name but she was amazing .. I have to waited for my friends and not sure what to do and she helped me out with walking city tour and explained me how to go to Prague and wrote everything down on paper and bith of them speak really good English, but i think almost everybody speak English in Brno nowadays since this city wellknown as a student city . I got a attic room which not really confy and a bit thin wall since i was able to follow the conversation from the guess next door -:) but furthermore i have nothing to complain -:) if i ever come back to Brno again i would happily stay in this nice hotel and i would ofcourse advertise this hotel to all my friends and family .. I would say worth to try and i have such a lovely time in this hotel although i donot really like the city itself -:)

Room Tip: Make sure you will not get the attic room , thin wall and not nice if you want to sleep in -:)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I booked this hotel at booking.com. For the price I paid (209 euro, 3 nights, king size bed) I did not expect to much, because a lot of pictures on these hotel website often are nicer than they appear. However, this was not the case.

We booked a deluxe hotel room for two. From the moment we entered the hotel, we had a feeling it was a great hotel. It looked nice and maintained. All of the staff spoke English and were very friendly. They had a 24 hour service, so even if you arrived after 12 someone was at the check-in desk. We checked in at 11:00 (instead of 14:00) because of our early flight, but that was no problem at all. The room was enormous, no complaints here. It had a quite large shower, a dining room (not too big, but with a little kitchenette and a refrigirator). The hotel is located just 5 minutes walk outside of the centre.

The breakfast was great, fresh bread, eggs-sunny-side-up, bacon, sausages, a very wide choice. For the flight back we asked the staff if they could arrange a taxi. The next morning they called to the hotel room to tell us the taxi was there. The fare was 340 ckz.

I would totally recommend this hotel. Do not expect a 5-star luxury, because it isn't, but you do get a lot more than you pay for.

Room Tip: If you are with two people, pick the deluxe room. It is only a few bucks extra but you feel like you have your own appartment.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We absolutely loved this hotel! Got upgraded to a suite, which was actually more spacious than our own flat. The furnishing was of a high standard, comfortable and stylish. Definitely exceeding Marriot standard. Breakfast wasn't as great, but still very good. The girls at the reception were always smiling and very helpful. Honestly, I can't find a downpoint, it is right in the city centre too, yes totally quite street.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Refurbed hotel. Very close to town centre (steep climb however). We had a suite/apartment which is very sacious and comfortable.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ardara24
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The room that we ended up in was great. It was immense and luxuriously appointed. However there was a catch.

You may have read elsewhere to avoid the fifth floor. We made an economy booking and were booked into fifth floor room the size of an envelope. It turned out that we had been given two singles and we wanted a doube, so they booked us into an even smaller room the size of a postage stamp on the other side of the same floor - with a roof window that we couldn't open (it was raining). It was claustrophobic and hot.

Fortunaltely, when we complained we got a free upgrade to a better grade apartment on a lower floor. It would have been well worth the small price differential between ecomomy and premium apartment. It was brilliant.

the hotel is a short stroll from the city centre and the train station, and so is well placed to enjoy Brno's meagre offerings. We only stayed on night but Brno didn't seem to offer much.

However the wine bar up the street was definately worth dropping in on. Local wine, local song, local character.

Room Tip: Avoid the fifth floor. Apparently this is where all the 'economy' rooms are, and th eones with the rooftops windows are the size of a postage stamp
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple