All reviews mama papa city centre beds airport taxi poland
Reviewed 27 June 2016

We stayed at Papas and Mamas 4 days in jun 2016. We had a great time there, the welcome was warm, the owners papas and mamas gave us usefull informations about how to organise our weekend in Gdansk.
The double room number 4 is very comfortable. There is a common bathroom per floor, which are cleaned daily, so are common areas such as kitchens.
Everyone must do his dishes, hygiene is generally impeccable.
Breakfast is included and plentiful.
There are fridges available where everyone can put food / beers etc.
I met such an amazing group of people there.
The hostel isn't directly in town, but it's close to a store that opens late by night and a bus stop. Takes 10 minutes and 3 zl to go to the old city.
Great place. We totally recommend Papas&Mamas, thank you for your kindness, we really felt like home :)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Although a little out of town the easy ten minute bus ride in was worth it to stay here. Mama was really helpful with booking a bus for me only available on the polish website and was very welcoming. There is a common room and a nice garden to hang out in with fellow travellers.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Really good hostel with really good people, you can feel like you are at home over there. Papa has a good music taste which shows itself with whole albums in common room and mama is just really helpful with everything.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2016

Both Mamas and Papa were super nice and hospitalar. The beds are super confortable and warm. There is even a common room place where you can listen to some music and enjoy some movies if you want. The price is only 36zl per night. In my opinion i didn't felt i was at a hostel i felt i was at a friends house Amazing hostel

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2016

Upon my arrival on New Year's Eve to Hostel Mamas & Papas I was immediately greeted by what I now recognize to be traditional Polish hospitality. The titular Mama & Papa (and you can call them that, I only learned their actual names much later), owners of this fine establishment, promptly offered me some beer and home-made soup, while their charming daughter immediately advised me how to get to Sopot, which was to be my destination that same evening.

So what exactly was so good with Mamas & Papas to earn 5/5 review? There are a few things, first of which was pricing. Though hostels in general don't vastly differ as regards the prices of their dormitories, M&P seemed to have the least expensive price-tag (if I recall, 36-38zl = ~8/9e for low-season weekdays). In addition, with many hostels this might be the case for larger dormitories, but here I slept in a 6-bed room, which felt it had just the right amount of buzz and calm. The bed was comfortable and I didn't feel like I wanted for anything.

The amenities were very satisfying as well. Though the personal computers were rather on the slow side due to their age, it's really the only minus I can come up with. Big TV, large DVD collection, lots of CD:s, some games (Jenga!) and a comfortable common room all made it pleasant to just lounge at the hostel in the evening after the day in town. There's a kitchen and bathroom on each three floors, so even were the hostel full, there's hardly a chance for conflicting scheduling. Also, because the hostel is rather a personal house & lot of its own, there's a garden as well, which I imagine is put to very good use in spring and summer months. For some people it might be a minus that the hostel is not located within the city centre, but I myself found it rather refreshing. It's only ~8 min bus ride to the Old Town, and even on foot it doesn't take long. There is also possibility for pizza delivery to the hostel, and the staff will have plenty of advice and recommendations for you.

So all in all, everything that is supposed to make a guest feel satisfied is in place. But there was something else, something you can hardly capture in words. After a few days' stay, I didn't feel like I was staying in a hostel; I felt I was staying at someone's home (which, in effect, I was). I can wholeheartedly recommend Hostel Mamas & Papas to any traveler going to Gdańsk on account of its Pricing, Comfort and especially *Spirit*, for it is the warmest hostel I've ever had the pleasure to stay in. Five out of Five with full honours. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo