US$141
Midtown Hostel(Gdansk)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Airport Motel GDN(Gdansk)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$47
US$61
Hilton
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsacross the rivertraditional hotelold townbeautiful hotelsmall hotelturn down servicejacuzzi bathdeluxe roomtasty breakfaststar hotelno elevatorbeautiful roomshort breaka great stayminute walkthe ground floorquiet location
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Nice and cozy hotel with nice location.
Good dialog and communication with staff before and under our stay.

Breakfast was great, service good as well.

I will recommend hotel if you want a nice and quiet place. A couple of really good restaurants just around the corner.

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank Morten T
Podewils_Hotel, Kierownik at Podewils Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Mr. Morten T!
Thank you for choosing our Hotel Podewils. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We would be glad to welcome you soon back again.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Whilst I very rarely find a need to give a slightly negative review on hotels I stay in, then unfortunately on this occasion i feel there is a genuine need.
On the positive side - the hotel is in a great location and steeped in history with some wonderful decoration and features. The breakfasts were very good and the staff were in the main most helpful all kinds of things.
I would have given it a 5 star review but on our third night we returned to the hotel around 4:30pm with the intention of relaxing, having a bath, a glass of wine, and going out to a restaurant later on.
However as we returned a drill started and the noise was unbelievable.Then the knocking down of walls with a hammer.I asked the man in reception when it was going to stop and he replied "maybe an hour or so". My wife was so annoyed she rang around 6pm to tell them it was unacceptable however it did not stop til 6:30pm.
We did obtain an explanation the following morning and told it was some emergency work but to be honest it looked like they were actually converting a room.We were offered a bottle of wine or a sauna as an apology. In fairness when we did return the same Thursday evening, the drilling stopped shortly afterwards. To make matters worse it started again at 0850 hours on the Friday morning. We were still in bed and asleep !! We were leaving that morning but it was still going on all the way through breakfast.
I am not an awkward or fussy person but the Management must realise that this was not acceptable to have this level of noise in a 5 star hotel for its guests and should have carried out this at appropriate times when guests are out during the day.
One more thing, please buy some new mattresses. The ones we slept on had seen better days !!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Davo1958!
Many thanks for your stay at Podewils Hotel and for taking the time to giving us your feedback on tripadvisor.com!
I am pleased to know that you felt comfortable with the hotel location as well as with our decoration, breakfast and staff.
All the more I truly regret the emergency work experience you had to make during your stay - please accept again my sincerest apology.
Our team try to do their best to reduce the disturbances, however please believe, some inconveniences do not depend on the hotel and we would be more than happy to avoid them and make your stay as pleasant as possible.
I really hope that you will give us a second chance - it would be a great pleasure for me and my team to welcoming you back again. Please be assured that we will take good care of you.
With my best personal regards, Magdalena Piotrowska - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I first stayed here about 15 years ago and it was just lovely. Great location, quiet and friendly. Returning here was our first choice on a visit to Gdansk and it was just as we remembered it. Room was enormous and despite it being very cold outside, the room was warm and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast is great with an extensive Polish buffet but hot food if you want to order it separately. Completely recommended

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear BillMancs!
Thank you very much for your nice feedback and your loyalty. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Podewils again. And most of all thank you for highly recommending our Hotel, which is very important for us.
Looking forward to your soon return visit.

Best regards
Your Hotel Podewils

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Podewils for two nights in February. The room was fabulous. Five star experience. Great sauna and excellent breakfast. The complimentary drink on arrival was a nice touch and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had to leave early in the morning for our flight home, and the staff were happy to prepare a breakfast for us to go. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear BexBuch!
Thank you for your nice comment and high rating. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Podewils and that you appreciated our sauna, brakfast and friendly staff. Hope to see you again!
Best regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2018

The hotel is well located by the river just outside the Old Town.
The breakfast was excellent. Lots of choices and plenty of it.
It was however let down by the poor heating in the bedroom. I was told to wear more clothes so I slept with t shirt ,dressing gown, duvet, cover and extra blanket. In the morning I was told I could have had a heater- but it wasnt offered in the evening. The bathroom was well appointed and much warmer
Also strangely, there was a liquor offered in the room but no tea or coffee.

Room Tip: room 104 was cold!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Podewils_Hotel, Kierownik at Podewils Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Mr. Daviddocklands!

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you generally enjoyed your short stay at Hotel Podewils and that you appreciated our excellent breakfast and location by the river just outside the Old Town. I truly regret to read about your cold room experience - please accept my apology. In the room, there is served our special liquor as a welcome drink. If it seems to you strange and you don’t like this kind of hotel gesture, you can always resign it and ask to be taken out of your room immediately. However you can order any time you wish the tea, coffee and other drinks available by our 24hours room service.
I really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back again - please be assured that we will take good care of you.
With my best personal regards,