Lowest prices for your stay
US$62
US$63
Priceline
US$62
Hotels.comUS$63
TravelocityUS$63
eDreamsUS$62
All reviews nice view hamburger tourist attractions cold meats and cheeses boiled eggs breakfast experience bay view park your car reception staff negative comments great room nice stay air conditioning business port polish ships
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2021

Inconsistent standards are not Marriott's hallmark but during my second stay (3 nights) I encountered a less than satisfactory experience at Courtyard Marriott Gdynia Poland. The toilet flash in my room was faulty , the bed mattress dented and the unidentified noise at night and early morning outside the room window and building site gave me " gratis " wake up calls during my stay.
After first night I was offered to move one floor up which was a further inconvenience ... no apology and no meaningfull gesture of goodwill for my inconvenience. It is also apparent that most of the hotel staff is not familiar with Marriott's hospitality skills.
No , yes , what ?, in Polish and English are standard in communication with guests also greeting the guest is a rare occasion.
There are some golden rules of business: whenever something is not working, and this is causing the customer inconvenience compensate the customer at least 100%. Always! Anything else seems cheap and unprofessional, and cause you a bad reputation over time.The customer pays to relax and have his/her needs taken care of by the hotel .This time
I left with a feeling of bad energy, not the good and relaxed feeling one tends to have after visiting a hotel of that standard.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, Other at Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2021

Dear Margaretrating,
First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront for your stay in Gdynia. Thank you for your comments and let us know your concerns. I regret the fact that you were not satisfied with a certain area of our hotel service.
Your comment caused great concern to us. I would like to assure you that your concern has not fallen on deaf ears.
I would like to refer to the situation you mentioned as we always review every comment during internal meetings with the team. During communication with the reception department, a broken flush toilet and unpleasant noises from outside were reported. We assume that the noise mentioned is construction work next to the building. You did not wish the technical team to enter your room, so we suggested that you change your room to a higher floor and to a different side so that the noise would stop. You refused our help. We always try to meet the expectations of our guests and do everything to make your stay a good memory. We have tried several times to contact you but to no avail. We apologize that the solution proposed by us was not satisfactory. For our part, we can assure you that the front desk will receive reminder training on Marriott's Guest Services to avoid such situations in the future.
I must admit that we rarely receive negative comments regarding construction and noise. We work in the building ourselves and do not often hear these sounds. After you checked out, we thoroughly checked your room and the cistern worked flawlessly.
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our priority and we sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. I hope that the experience so far will not permanently affect your opinion of our hotel and we will have the opportunity to better present ourselves in the future.
I personally invite you to contact me as I am committed to making your stay a positive memory.
Kind regards,
Aneta Stepkowska

Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

Pro:
Location
Standard on room etc
Clean
Very nice staff
Great Expresso (with tiger stripes)
Burger
Breakfast

Con:
They could given a room with ocean view. Gold member at Hotels.com.
Hamburger over cooked one night
Better bread for breakfast
Overall a good stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, Other at Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2021

Dear JohanH647,
Thank you for the great comment your after the recent stay, especially rooms, cleanliness and hotel team!
No doubts our location is fantastic :)
Your feedback is also very important to us as it's truly the only way we can know what we are doing well and what we need to improve upon. The Head Chef apologizes for the shortcomings regarding the hamburger. We always try to care about the quality of the food we serve. We will take note of your suggestions and try to improve the amenities that are possible to improve, thank you for your good advice.
Hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future – maybe then we will be able to receive 5 satisfaction points from your stay.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2021 via mobile

Just returned from a week in this hotel. The room (side sea view on the 6th floor) was lovely and clean with a lovely bathroom and great views over the harbour and the beach. The staff were all really friendly and professional and lovely breakfasts every morning.

The hotel is in a fabulous spot so close to the harbour, beach and a short stroll away from the town.

We will be back to Gdynia and we will definitely be back at this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, Other at Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2021

Dear DonTom71,
Greetings from the Courtyard Gdynia!
It was a pleasure serving you during your most recent stay at our hotel.
I really appreciate you taking the time to fill out the TripAdvisor survey and for sharing your feedback with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, especially the room, view, hotel staff and breakfast.
We hope you'll come and see us again soon. You are always welcome here.
Greetings,

Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

The staff here is veryprofessional and made quite an effort to help in every way. Negative comments below are to help with your decision, but should not be taken as a slight to anyone at the Marriott.

Room was not too comfortable. Air conditioning seemed to be struggling and the relative humidity was high for my entire stay. Cool and clammy sheets. Towels hung up did not dry. Clothing laid out felt damp. Mid summer may not be the best time to stay at this hotel.

Ventilation problems also affected the bath room. I generally take very short, cold showers, but the exhaust vent had trouble keeping up. Also the annoyingly modem shower and sink design left water everywhere after use.

Parking was inconvenient while construction on new parking lots was in progress, but the staff made the best of it, quickly validating tickets repeatedly through the day.

Free breakfast was AMAZING. Best I have ever seen.

Meeting rooms were very well appointed.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, Other at Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2021

Dear Steven D,
thank you very much for your stay and the many kind comments you made to us. We are extremely pleased that despite your overall average rating, you appreciated our breakfasts and the service of the hotel, thank you for that.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. Indeed, the weather for the second year in a row during the summer is characterized by unexpectedly high temperatures. Traditionally there were 4 distinct seasons in Poland. Now we have a long winter, an unremarkable spring and suddenly it is tropical summer. The changes in climate are obvious. We will be checking the air conditioning systems to increase their capacity because to our knowledge they were not designed for such high outdoor temperatures and such high humidity. We hope that you will come and visit us again.
Your comments have been passed on during the daily briefing and are helpful to us to continually improve the level of service to our guests.
Again, with our apologies for dissatisfaction you encountered and with the hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in future. I invite you to contact me directly to make a reservation. I would personally like to make sure that your next visit will be a positive experience.

Yours sincerely
Aneta Stępkowska
General Manager Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront

Reviewed 31 October 2020

Had a nice stay there, good breakfast, good dinner.
The bed is nice and the shower ok.

Friendly people, and a nice view on the harbour from the breakfast area.
And the housewine is also good.

Happy that I slept there !

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Koen V
Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, Other at Courtyard by Marriott Gdynia Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Dear Koen V,

Thank you for such positive comment after your recent stay!
We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel service and restaurant food.
Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Gdynia.

Warm regards,