US$122
US$101
  • Pool
US$74
Travelocity
Sisters Lodge Hostel(Sopot)(Great Value!)
US$47
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,097 results
All reviewssea viewprivate beachjunior suiteold world charmhistoric buildingart decobaltic seawelcome drinkindoor pooltop classthird floorfantastic locationfantastic staybig bathroomvery nice hotelfantastic servicerestaurants and bars
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Fine historical building with comfortable air conditioned rooms, a nice restaurant overlooking the sea and very helpful and pleasant staff. Had two night stay for a business trip. The breakfast buffet is very good as was lunch in the same venue. Great location on the edge of the beach and a short walk to other dining and drinking locations.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
GeneralManagerSopot, Guest Relations & Concierge at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Mr. Mike A,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Grand Sopot.

Adam Stempniewski
Guest Relations & Concierge

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Well. First of all: You really, really do need to have a pre-confirmation on the room you have payed for. We did a mistake because it was the first time here and we thought it worked as in most 5*-hotels worldwide. It turned out not so. Sea-side is not Sea-view as the receptionist pointed out rather firmly the first time I complained.

There where a lot of mess around our rooms and at last we got one that looked approx. like the one we booked but not the one we thought we had booked (from pictures from our booking at booking.com). This one was smaller and with only one window instead of 3 as in the picture. Yes I am aware small problems in this world but...competition is beginning to be strong even in Poland and Sopot.

They tried to compensate. We got wine and a delicious fruit plate. For me - the room is the most important though. I can buy my own fruit and wine - but it was a nice gesture

Reception makes no decisions - you have to email some kind of overall manager to get anything done. That is pretty sad.

Since they tried to compensate for us with different things (not an excellent room though), I was thinking of giving them at least a 3. That was until I received the bill. They overcharged what was agreed with booking. They admitted that it was a mistake from they and from booking.com - I don´t know who is responsible and I am not interested in digging further in that mess.

To summarize: Sopot is a fantastic location. Fronting staff including reception, bar, restaurant, cleaning etc. are perfect. They obviously have problems with the management.

I will go to Sopot soon again. I think I will try Sheraton.

Room Tip: Du måste får konfirmerat ett rum med havsutsikt av en högre chef.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna-Christina K
GeneralManagerSopot, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Ms.Anna-Christina,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Grand Sopot as your accommodation for your visit in Poland.

I am very sorry that your stay wasn't fully satiating.
Please rest assured that your comment has been fully revised to ensure no further re occurrence.

We are sure that your most recent experience is not typical for our usual high level of service.
It is our deepest concern if we let down a Valued Guest.

Thank you once again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our service and help us to better meet the needs of our guests.
If there is anything that we could do to make your next visit pleasant and satisfying please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Incredible beach location, close to everything. We had a 180 degree view of the Baltic Sea from our room. Our room had two mini balconies and was located on the 3rd floor (there were four guest elevators in the building). Super friendly and professional hotel staff, free valet service with paid parking fee. Nice breakfast buffet with a wide food selection (traditional and continental)... hmmm, I hated the music (weird selection) they played during breakfast hours, really laud and somehow not a good match for this place. I hope they review it and consider Chopin or classical, not as "energetic" as it is now. Lol. Do not miss the photo gallery of the famous people who stayed there over the years. In general, our Grand Hotel experience was unique and quite memorable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GeneralManagerSopot, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Mrs.Ineza,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review. It has been our pleasure to have you as our Guest at Sofitel Grand Sopot. We will definitely review our music selection. Thank you for your point.
Hopefully in the future you will visit us again. You are more then welcome!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I truly recommend to try breakfast at the nice Grand Hotel. Food is delicious and its the best quality! Plus hotel is located by the sea so I recommend to take a room with the sea view and observe magical sun rise :) Stuff is very friendly and helpful in every aspect :) The best place in Sopot to rest!

Stayed: May 2018

Dear Mrs.Kasia D,
Hopefully in the future you will visit us again. You are more then welcome!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

A fabulous 3 nights in Sopot and even our taxi driver from the station said that the Grand was the best hotel in Sopot.
Great 20’s vibe in the hotel and beautiful features. We had a sea facing room on the 4th floor which had quite a small window so I’d recommend getting a 3rd floor if possible - our friends had this and it was a little bit better.
Breakfast was a bit of a scrum at the weekend (much better on Monday) but the food was good. Quite a bit of good Gucci and bad plastic surgery in the guest population.......
Very close to the town and the lovely Pier and I’d recommend trying one of the fab cocktails.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EyelashTravels
GeneralManagerSopot, Guest Relations & Concierge at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Mrs. EyelashTravels,

I would like to kindly thank you for taking your time and share your opinion after staying in Sofitel Grand Sopot. I very appreciate your warm words about hotel and location.
I deeply apologize for inconvenience that has occurred you during breakfast.

I really hope to see you again with us in sunny Sopot!

best regards,