“Both monastery and Black Madonna are well worth seeing”
Review of Pauline Monastery

Pauline Monastery
Book In Advance
More Info
US$104.35*
and up
Czestochowa Historical tour from Krakow Including...
Ranked #4 of 30 things to do in Czestochowa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 20 July 2016

My review on the Black Madonna says much of what I'd like to say about this location.

In summary, take the trouble to visit as the pilgrims, monastery, museums and church are all worth seeing and experiencing.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I wish I'd had more time to explore the monastery itself. The architecture is lovely and the museum showing the history of the monks on the site is quite interesting. I would have loved to have seen the archives.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

The monastery is giant, and the archi is impressive.
The tower is visible from each city corner, the place is kinda magical with a lot of pilgrimages young and old.
The sadest thing is you have to watch your bag no offence but there is a lot of polish gypsy they have this well trained kids stealing wallets or bags and begging for coins.

1  Thank Desert G
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Even though the monastery is over flowing with pilgrims and tourists,you still find chance to find your own little space to contemplate the stunning architecture and exquisite works of fine arts.
Some people are put off visiting due to the swarms of pilgrims but don't let you put you off,you can take a guided tour but still enjoy your visit even on your own and at your own pace if that way inclined.
This isn't just a place of worship,it's baroque spirit was also modelled so that it was a strong hold to stop invading armies,it's fortifications are truly impressive.
It does really matter what time of day you go,it's always busy,going on religious holidays is on my experience a no no,try going first thing in the morning has always been favourable for me.
You can get food here but if on a budget,take your own or go a find one of the many fine restaurants in walking distance of Jasna,you'll be surprised how cheap it is to eat in czestochowa.
You can also at certain times of the day get yourself blessed or get them to bless items that you can find in the many religious shops surrounding,you are expected if given a blessing to make a donation.

1  Thank Yan C
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I had planned on visiting Jasna Gora by train but I spoke with someone at Cracowtours and signed up to do the private tour with one of their guides. I'm so glad it worked out that way! My guide was Andrew who took me and another couple in a private car to Jasna Gora. We departed at 8am and ride took about 2 hrs. Andrew gave us excellent commentaries on what we were seeing as we drove. Gave an excellent tour! We departed Jasna Gora at 12:30 and Andrew took us to Pieskowa Skala castle. Beautiful castle with fantastic museum inside. Andrew provided an excellent tour of the museum. We returned around 4:30pm. Excellent value, excellent tour, highly recommend Andrew!

1  Thank Joy052