“Typical trap for tourists (check the bill before paying ;))”
Review of Polskie Smaki

Polskie Smaki
Ranked #152 of 1,678 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 25 August 2017

I was not careful to check and ask for the bill. When I thought 38 Zloty was too much for a small dish take-away, I asked for the individual prices of my dish (meat, vegetable and pasta). As I thought, the really sum was lower (28 Zloty, anyway too much for Krakow standards). The cashier (without apologizing) gave me back some money. After the lesson of before, this time I checked and they were only 7 out of the due 10 Zloty. When I made her notice, she started yelling at me. After making her notice that 2+2+2+1=7 and not 10, I asked again for my change and I finally got the right amount.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The restaurant is located near the city centre. It´s a self-service restaurant. They offer especially typical Polish meals. They have menu in English also.
Meals are tasty. We spend about 75 Zloty for a lunch for 4 person, also with drinks.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a quick bite after a long day of touring. Food is cafeteria style. English menus available. Seemed that many locals we eating here. Pleasant girls behind the counter. The only negative-it was a warm day and the restaurant was uncomfortably warm. On a cool day I would love it!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We was here with husband in July, took Żurek with eggs, pork chop, schab and fried potatoes. The dishes are really huge, delicious and cheap in comparison with other cafes in the Old Town. Also I like the interior- it is home-like

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I landed in Krakow mid afternoon and wandered into the Old Town...... In the early evening I'd decided I wanted to try Polish food, however I also didn't want to fall into the tourist traps with their "themed" restaurants. So wandering around slightly away from The Square I found this place, it looked inviting, with its large front window open and people in the window eating and chatting, so I took the plunge and went in.
Walked up to the waitress, and asked for a table, where she explained that it was self service and I could sit anywhere........ quickly looked through the English written menus....., and went for a traditional Polish soup, and then was asked if I wanted it with potatoes or egg......not knowing what to expect I choose egg...... also had a beer. My food was ready and I collected it from the counter, and it was very tasty.
Whilst eating/slurping down the soup I was observing others in the restaurant, all Polish I think as I couldn't understand a word in what they were saying....... I noticed a woman who I assumed to be a regular who came in and just had soup and left. A mother and daughter having an evening leisurely evening meal having amongst other stuff a blackened trout. There was a small family on the other side of the restaurant, but I couldn't see their food as they were behind me.
Having finished my soup, I decided I'd try a main course so opted for some stuffed cabbage rolls.....flavours I wasn't expecting but delicious all the same..... they could have been slightly hotter in temperature in my opinion.
Overall a very tasty introduction to Polish food....... and the price in hind sight was very cheap compared to other places I ate on my stay.