“A magic place...”

Ranked #2 of 63 Dessert in Warsaw
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For more than 160 years we have been doing whatever possible to make customers associate E.Wedel with the best that one can find in chocolate. We relate back to the tradition which says that works made with the hands of masters are unique. More chocolaterias have been opened since 2004. Each of them offers the magic of chocolate and unique atmosphere. Try the exceptional drinking chocolates and other sweets, including a variety of desserts as well as hand-made pralines, all produced with passion and under the vigilant eye of Janusz Profus, the Chocolate Maestro.
Reviewed 3 August 2017

My every visit there evokes memories from my childhood when my twin sister and I, together with our mom, would enjoy the hot chocolate (I prefer it topped with a dollop of whipped cream, which sometimes was and sometimes was not available). It was always a big event to be there, sit in the old-fashioned, cushioned chairs and admire one of the two halls, each always with the different wall color than the other. The symphony of pastry/cocoa/coffee aromas is delightful. Nowadays I do not reside in Warsaw anymore, but every time I happen to be in town, a call at Wedel Lounge is a must. Last time I was there, besides a cup of chocolate I treated myself to a portion of delicious apple-stuffed crêpes (naleśniki). And these days they DO always have whipped cream! All being well, the only small complaint that I have is that their prices have been recently creeping up quite steeply. After the sweet snack, you can venture into the adjacent company store, where all kinds of sweet confectionery are available for purchase.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We had dinner at Hoza. The desert menu was not exciting. Going to wedel was perfect:) big A+ definitely recommend

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Tried triple sampler from the menu. Raspberry chocolate drink was the best. They have varieties of chocolates in liquid and solid forms.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend enjoyed the pancakes and various chocolate desserts! A must for any chocolate lovers!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

It is an old, beautiful big house belonged to the Wedel family that owned a chocolate factory in Warsaw long time ago. Now it is a brand (like everything else). Still, you will enjoy sitting in nicely decorated old salons, with high sealing and family portraits on the walls. My cheesecake was more a cheese than a cake and all the things offered in the menu are a bit overpriced. Still, you should go and just enjoy some time eating a desert at this beautiful historic place.