“A thrill for chocoholics”

E. Wedel Chocolate Lounge Staroswiecki Sklep
Ranked #2 of 63 Dessert in Warsaw
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For more than 160 years we have been doing whatever possible to make customers associate E.Wedel with the best that one can find in chocolate. We relate back to the tradition which says that works made with the hands of masters are unique. More chocolaterias have been opened since 2004. Each of them offers the magic of chocolate and unique atmosphere. Try the exceptional drinking chocolates and other sweets, including a variety of desserts as well as hand-made pralines, all produced with passion and under the vigilant eye of Janusz Profus, the Chocolate Maestro.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Located between the palace of culture and Nowry Swiat at Szpitalna 8, this is a delightful throwback to old Warsaw. It serves cups of actual melted chocolate in plain, milk, bittersweet or white chocolate with the optional additional flavours, we opted for salted caramel and rum. Just delicious. There is also the option of tasty pastries as well.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice place .!! But very bad service with bad attitude .. i really enjoyed my visit and my breakfast .. wish they have better service .!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. The interior was really interesting but it was a hot day so we sat outside. The service was excellent and they brought colouring sheets and pencils for our kids. We had the most fantastic hot chocolate I've ever had, it really was just like drinking melted chocolate. I had it with orange and ginger. The cake and waffles were had were also delicious. It was relatively pricey by Warsaw standards - 70 PLN for 2 hot chocolates and 2 puddings. But definitely worth it. The chocolate for sale in the shop also looked amazing.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

A great place to relax and savor drinks and chocolate dishes. The place offers a variety of cold and hot drinks of chocolate and of course the excellent pralines in a variety of flavors. It is very worthwhile to enter one of the places scattered throughout Warsaw and especially present because of the beauty of the place.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

My every visit there evokes memories from my childhood when my twin sister and I, together with our mom, would enjoy the hot chocolate (I prefer it topped with a dollop of whipped cream, which sometimes was and sometimes was not available). It was always a big event to be there, sit in the old-fashioned, cushioned chairs and admire one of the two halls, each always with the different wall color than the other. The symphony of pastry/cocoa/coffee aromas is delightful. Nowadays I do not reside in Warsaw anymore, but every time I happen to be in town, a call at Wedel Lounge is a must. Last time I was there, besides a cup of chocolate I treated myself to a portion of delicious apple-stuffed crêpes (naleśniki). And these days they DO always have whipped cream! All being well, the only small complaint that I have is that their prices have been recently creeping up quite steeply. After the sweet snack, you can venture into the adjacent company store, where all kinds of sweet confectionery are available for purchase.