All reviews family hotel golf hotel kids club adjacent hotel kids activities we booked a family room rooms connected swimming pool free entry toboggan ride wellness centre mini bar lake bled open the window special thanks we've stayed lovely balcony
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We stayed in this hotel for one week in august. We really liked hotel location - the Bled lake was 5 min walk away, the street (Cankarjeva cesta) was very quiet and the shops was near the hotel. Our room was very well isolated from corridor with two doors, so no noises or other visitors disturbed our night sleep. Room also had nice balcony with a view to Bled castle. Conditioner also worked fine and also there was a safe in our room! This hotel does not have a pool in it, but it is possible to go to nearby hotel "Golf" (1 min walk) to use their pool. The hotels staff was also very welcoming and nice!! The only negative thing - wine glasses in our room at our first night was dirty (with red wine stains).

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Savica hotel has a charm of its own. Our room was fine but it wasn't the one I'd originally booked. We ended up in a standard family room even though I'd booked the interconnecting family room with balcony. We had arrived very late with tired kids due to a delayed flight from London and it was ultimately my fault for not checking the original booking till the night before we left when I was double-checking the confirmed price for the room. The lady on the reception desk did resolve this matter by giving a 5% discount off the final bill We had no problems with air-con and the room was a very comfortable temperature to sleep in

The pools at the Golf hotel Wellness centre were very good with spectacular views of the lake. We also really enjoyed the animation for kids at Savica especially the camp-fire night.

I found the breakfast at Savica to be a bit lack-lustre and as half board guests we took evening meals in the Golf hotel while I found the food there fine my husband thought it lacked somewhat in choice. Bled itself has numerous places to eat so I wouldn't book this half board option again.

overall we would come back to Savica hotel as the location, kids activities and pools make it worthwhile and Bled itself is a beauty

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We spent last week staying in this lovely gem of a hotel. The staff were wonderful especially Stella, Bearnado and all the staff in reception. They catered to our every whim. It is the best family oriented we've stayed at as parents and children are catered for equally. The room was clean and comfortable while a hearty breakast created us every morning. We loved having access to the brillant swimming pool in the nearby Golf hotel. Highly recommend this hotel as it is great value for money.

Room tip: Rooms at back of hotel are quiet and south facing so lovely sunshine all day.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Had to wait 20 mins to check in as we were told the lady was on lunch.

I would not recommend this hotel for couples with no children, not because I'm intolerant of children, but because I can't see what else it offers for the money you pay. Room was average, breakfast was just about average. There is no where to get a drink or snacks after breakfast. You can use the sister hotels pool once a day, which is lovely, but can get crowded. On the Saturday night the children's club camped outside our window and they all woke up early, waking us up. I felt the price we paid didn't match what we got, but if we had children to be entertained then it would have been worth it.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kat W
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

2 adults with 1 year old baby, stayed for 3 nights. Overall not very impressed.

Room smelled of damp and slightly cigarette smoke. However we had a great view from our balcony of the castle which was a nice place to drink some wine in the evening. Bathroom shower had mould growing on it and the shower flooded the floor (and I mean really flooded the floor). I told reception and they didn't seem very concerned.

Breakfast was adequate but nothing special. The staff however made our baby boy feel very welcome and happy. Note the restaurant is only open for breakfast.

There is a great playroom with loads of space and toys which is awesome if you have young children. There's also an outside play area with some swings and a slide which you can eat breakfast next to.

The reception staff were kind of grumpy most of the time.

It will do the job if you just need a room to sleep in. The price was pretty cheap so that's a bonus.

Date of stay: June 2017