“Wonderful place”

and 1 more site!
Bledea Apartments
Ranked #39 of 94 Speciality Lodging in Bled
Reviewed 18 July 2012

A brilliant place to stay. Due to the lack of reviews on here, I was a little nervous about booking this apartment, but went ahead anyway, and have no regrets. The owners are fantastic. We were travelling on public transport and they offered to pick us up from the nearby train station. Our train broke and we were ushered onto busses before we had a chance to find a pay phone. We got in an hour late, and they were still there waiting for us. They then proceeded to drive us around the lake, pointing out places of interest (after we had asked for recommendations) – so kind! The apartment its self was great. The kitchen was stocked brilliantly with everything you could possibly need for your stay from tup-aware boxes to spices and tea and coffee. The bathroom was big and lots of towels were provided, and changed during our stay. I especially liked the location of the apartments, they’re really close to the action in Lake Bled, but in a residential area rather than in amongst the multitude of big chain hotels which don’t give a feel for the real Slovenia. There’s also a supermarket just down the road. I would highly recommend these apartments to anyone, it’s a slice of luxury at a very good price!

Room Tip: The 2 apartments at the back I feel have a slightly nicer view over the garden, trees and mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Caroline K

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Booked a stay at the Bledea Apartments and for the price I paid, I didn't really know what to expect. To say I was pleasantly surprised, would be an understatement.

The entrance to the apartments is along a narrow residential road a minute walk from the town centre and lake. The driveway is entered by operating an electric security gate and has ample parking for guests' cars.

The apartments themselves are in a self-contained 3 storey building tastefully decorated with brown tile floors. The balcony room I had gave a tremendous view of both mountain ranges and a lush orchard full of wild birds. A table and two chairs on the balcony was the perfect breakfast setting to start the day.

The kitchen/living room is extremely well equipped with cooker, fridge, dishwasher and virtually every utensil you could think of. It also contains a single bed settee conversion. The bedroom has a very comfortable double bed. Bathroom is not huge but has washbasin and shower/bath.

The place has free wifi and network cable connections.

The owners are a delightful couple - unobtrusive but generous in the extreme - offereing advice and other material help to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I think their motto is, 'nothing is too much trouble when it comes to our guests'

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank teech83
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I'm an American who visited Bled for the first time in order to attend a professional conference.

My apartment at Bledea Apartments was very clean and quite pleasant.

You are renting an apartment - you are renting a place to stay, not a hotel room. So, if you expect service, you won't get any. But I don't care; I'd rather have a nice place to stay for a reasonable price than the less-than-good service that even the top places in Bled give you. Also, the Bledea folks will give you new towels etc., if you ask for them.

Here are the positives and negatives:

Positive:

1. Very pleasant neighborhood: Bledea is located in a pleasant neighborhood that seems to be populated by something like professionals. The houses are nice and the gardens that one finds in many of the yards are quite beautiful. Bledea itself is incongruously located between an auto body shop and beautiful fields, many of which are used for sheep grazing. At night, you hear the nearby creek, birds and sheep. It's quite idyllic. The view from my apartment - no. 4 - was *spectacular.* The mountains in the distance and the nearby fields were gorgeous.

2. The apartments are good as apartments: they have full kitchens and a good-sized table at which to eat. The kitchens are *fully stocked* - including olive oil and spices.

3. There is a nearby market at which to buy supplies. You will want to do this because the apartments are far from anywhere good to eat.

4. The bathroom is clean and nice.

5. The bed is comfortable - not too hard.

6. The family that runs it is really nice and they speak English well. They also do not hate foreigners, which is a problem with many Slovenians in Bled.

7. The price is right.

8. The walk to the lake is about 15 minutes. It's a 7 minute jog. I timed it.

Cons:

1. The beds come only with a comforter. There are no top sheets. Sorta sucks b/c if it is hot, you have nothing else but a heavy comforter to use.

2. The AC really doesn't work. But, you won't need it: just open the balcony door and enjoy the breeze.

3. It can be really loud in the morning. The staff starts cleaning and banging around the place by 6:30 AM. That's really annoying.

4. It's not on the lake or immediately next to lots of other stuff. But I liked that. You might not if you want to be in the middle of things.

5. It's a residential neighborhood and beautiful, but people in Bled seem merely to tolerate rather than appreciate tourists, even though tourists are their bread and butter. Walking to and from Bledea will bring you into interaction with more non-tourist-oriented folks than the usual place.

Overall: I say go for it. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and I preferred the quiet and beauty of Bledea to the crappy hotels that most of my fellow conferees stayed at. It's real and good people run it. Also, there are no idiot tour groups - just real people.

Room Tip: Ask for Rooms 3 or 4.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Noah Z
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I stayed in Bledea for 16 nights during my GMP program in Bled School of Management.
I was impressed with the cosy studio, everything was at hand, the view was relaxing, birds were singing, it was beautiful. Way to the school just 15 minutes, a pleasure to walk, market in the neighborhood. The hosts were very nice and helpful.
I definitely recommend the place!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank mo2si2003
Reviewed 17 July 2010

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay at Bledea apartments. The location is very convenient. It's about a 10 minute walk to Lake Bled and just a few minutes walk from a small grocery store. You can save some money by stocking up on breakfast foods, snacks and drinks. The apartment we stayed in was on the small side, but everything was new, very clean and beautiful. The bed was extremely comfortable which is important when you're on vacation. The balcony overlooked a large, well kept yard and we had a nice view of the alps. The owner's son spoke English and gave us great advise on where to eat and things to do. They even had several English speaking channels on the TV (if you like to keep up with the news). I would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple