“An excellent meal that was worth the 30 minute drive.”
Review of Gostilna Batist

Gostilna Batist
Cuisines: Slovenian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2017

An excellent meal that was worth the 30 minute drive.
We were 8 people.
The portions were large and tasty at a reasonable price.
It was the first (and the last) time that me and my 3 boys didn't finish the meal, because it was too much for us.
The waiters were friendly and helpful.

1  Thank yanivmen

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I visited here with my family and was not disappointed. The menu was extensive all of our meals were large and tasty. Unfortunately we were so full after the mains we could not fit in any dessert. I highly recommend visiting this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Good and enough food. Would recommend it! Rumpsteak was the best I had. Waiters are friendly. Been there 2 times.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My boyfriend and I ate at Gostilna on our first night in Bohinjska Bela, and this was our first experience of Slovenian food. The restaurant is a bit outside beaten tracks as it's quite a way out of Bled, and this makes it nice and quiet. The owner is very helpful. It is true that the portions are huge (we came to understand this was the Slovenian way!). The food was good everyday food, rather on the hearty side. All in all, an enjoyable but not unforgettable experience.

2  Thank Sandrine T
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Let's face it, everywhere in Bled is overpriced and not very good. On our last day (annoyingly) we came across this gem just 10mins south of the lake, and we're blown away. The food was very good, so good we ordered a few extras here and there and we're expecting a blowout. The bill came back at €28. Total. We had been paying that for a main by the lake.
Staff love to look after you, don't get annoyed with a lack of Slovenian and are happy to speak English.