Grand Hotel Union Business
  • Pool
Hotel Trojane(Ljubljana)
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgreat locationold townmassage chairswimming poolwellness areabusiness tripnice poolfew stepscentral locationthree bridgestop floorthe riverbreakfast was includedthe heart of the citytriple bridgenice hotelsister hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Everything as described on hotel web site, close to city center, nice spa area on top flor, working till 10 PM. A generous breakfast. Massage chair in the room. Only one drawback, too hot water in the swiming pool

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Excellent service and cleanliness, the best hotel location in Ljubljana. Value for money is also excellent. The staff is friendly and unobtrusive, each inquiry and request is promptly filled.
Staying at the Union Hotel is a recommendation for all future guests.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Union_Hoteli_Team, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel Union Business, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear sb1234562018,

It is incredible to hear that your visit to Grand hotel Union Business was superb. Thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our entire team of passionate hoteliers. We are glad that you found our service to be excellent and we hope that you will also visit us on your next stay to Ljubljana.

Kind Regards,
Tomaž Turk
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I had a nice stay in this hotel in Ljubljana. Clean rooms and nice breakfast, even better if you have breakfast early in the morning as some of the stuff (desserts) run out towards the end of the morning.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank davidelP6591WD
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Very nice Hotel and near to city center. Not so nice was the the wall in the room (may be damaged by water from bathroom?) and also the background (leather imitate) from my bed was not in good state. Overall a nice hotel with some minus points for underhold of the room (in that case 704).

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

My friend and I came to Ljublana for 3 nights as a weekend city break. We arrived at the hotel around 11am which was 3 hours before check in, however they kindly let us check in early and our room was high up as requested. We had amazing views of the city and the castle.
The room was huge. 2 large double beds, massage chair, office desk, TV, large balcony and large mirrors (ladies will appreciate!) the bathroom too was large.
The spa on the top floor is amazing, so tranquil and calm. Perfect to spend the end of the day after miles of walking.
The location could not be better, in the centre of the city and a 5 min walk from the bus and train station. We walked everywhere from this hotel - Metelkova, old town, Sky scraper etc.
The breakfast was just amazing.. a selection of cereals, American pancakes, waffles, pastries, fresh fruit, cooked breakfast, selection of eggs, as a vegetarian I had no problems eating copious amounts of breakfast to fuel me for the day! The cooked breakfast perfectly catered for vegetarian/vegan with alternative cooked items and about 9 varieties of milk! Fresh fruit juices, cold bottled water and even prosecco! Tea and coffee served at the table and the breakfast restaurant is actually better than I have seen in 5* hotels.
I usually stay 5* so I was dubious this may not be what I am used to, however I can honestly say this hotel deserves to be 5*. The only 5* in Ljublana is the intercontinental and the location is quite a distance from the centre where as this hotel is closer, this was the reason I booked here. However if anyone wants luxury this hotel definitely delivers!
I can't understand why this hotel is only a 4* based on the location, quality of rooms, Spa access, food and drink facilities and staff and how the hotel is presented generally. I would certainly stay here again and look forward to returning!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurenjayne1102

Dear Laurenjayne1102,

I am pleased to learn that you found time to post your review of Grand hotel Union Business on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed every single aspect of your stay and met all of you expectations. Thank you also for giving us a 5 star rating we greatly appreciate it. Should you start planning your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time for any assistance.

Kind Regards,